[Oacrao-l] Opt In for Reverse Transfer

Dee Ann Dickerson ddickerson at carlalbert.edu
Fri May 6 11:28:18 CDT 2016

Good morning to OACRAO colleagues. I would appreciate any feedback on the
statement below. I know that we are all involved with end of term duties,
so, your responses are especially appreciated.

*Position*: My VP is considering placing the statement below into our
new *Online
Application for Admissions* with the goal of anticipating future Reverse
Transfer needs. In essence, students can either “Opt In” or “Opt Out” and
give  the Registrar’s Office permission (or no permission) to request their
official transcript at a future date from another college/university.

*Opt In Statement: “In order to help our students earn their degrees, Carl
Albert State College participates in reverse transfer agreements with
numerous institutions. By selecting this option, you allow CASC to contact
other institutions to request transcript information and verify student
standing in order for CASC to issue an Associates Degree to you ...”*

*Questions*: My questions to the membership are this:  1) is such an Opt In
statement sufficient for your institution to mail a student’s official
transcript to CASC, 2) do you feel FERPA requirements are met with such an
Opt In statement, 3) are there other ways you might suggest to accomplish
the same goal, and 4) is this necessary/appropriate for a college to
address this type of future need?

As always, I value your responses. Thank you and have a great day,

Dee Ann Dickerson

Carl Albert State College

Registrar/VA Certifying Official

1507 So McKenna