[Oacrao-l] SAT and Concurrent Enrollment Science Course Placement

Archer, Daniel darcher at osrhe.edu
Tue Mar 14 15:34:01 CDT 2017

Colleagues,

When I discussed SAT course placement at OACRAO last month, I received a question regarding the use of SAT subject scores for concurrent enrollment science course placement.

Given that SAT does not have a science section and there is very limited data on the new SAT, it would be very difficult to establish statewide requisite SAT subject scores for science course placement.

Thus, the Council on Instruction Assessment committee recently concluded that the manner in which SAT subject scores are utilized for concurrent enrollment science course placement (and non-concurrent enrollment science course placement) will be at the discretion of the institution.

Best,

Daniel Archer
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
655 Research Parkway
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
Phone: (405) 225-9142