[Oacrao-l] Prior Learning Credit

Kristie Luke KLuke at se.edu
Mon Oct 16 09:59:20 CDT 2017

Hi,

At Southeastern, we record it on the transcript if they have earned it; however, we do have a limit on the number of hours that will count toward the degree.    The following is the policy from our catalog:

For non-education degree programs (B.A. or B.S.), the amount of non-formal credit (advanced standing, CLEP, correspondence, military training, etc.) which may be awarded shall not exceed one-half of the total semester hours required at the lower-division level, and not more than one-half of the total semester hours required at the upper-division level for the B.A. and B.S. degrees.

For education degree programs (B.A. or B.S.), not more than one-fourth of the work used to satisfy requirements in any area of preparation (professional education, general education, specialized education) nor more than one-fourth of the total academic work submitted in an approved teacher-certificate program may be taken by non-formal study (advanced standing, CLEP, correspondence, military training, etc.).

Kristie Luke
Associate Dean of Academic Records/Registrar
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
425 W University
Durant, OK 74701
580.745.2176