[Oacrao-l] Excelsior College

Janet Kelley kelleyje at nsuok.edu
Fri Aug 30 11:31:23 CDT 2019

 Hello,

I hope everyone is off to a great start with the fall semester!

We recently received a transcript from Excelsior College with 12 hours UExel
credit by exam.  <https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/uexcel/>This student also
has 36 hours of prior learning credit ("validated by LPN/LVN license") and
7 hours of credit from Excelsior College examinations.  Most of the work is
entered with a standard letter grade.

We've received Excelsior transcripts in the past with nursing credit by
exam and we accept up to 30 hours toward lower level nursing requirements
with a grade of P but this is the first I've seen of UExcel examinations
and prior learning credit with standard letter grades.

Does your school accept UExcel credit by exam and/or credit from Excelsior
College examinations?  If so, how are you entering the grade?  Any
information or insight is appreciated.

Thank you,
Janet

Janet Kelley
Registrar
Northeastern State University
701 North Grand Avenue
Tahlequah, OK  74464
(918) 444-2228
Fax: (918) 458-9638

* Courage isn't always a lion's roar.  It is sometimes the heart at the end
of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."  ~ UnknownNSU eTranscripts
are now available!  Click on eTranscripts
<https://exchange.parchment.com/send/adds/index.php?main_page=login&s_id=NhxK1SuU38Z82sfq>
and
follow the directions to order your official transcript. This service is
available to students who have attended NSU Summer 1994 or later.  The cost
is $5.00 per recipient. *
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended
recipient or his/her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and deleting this email immediately.