[Oacrao-l] Concurrent Enrollment Admission and Course Placement Criteria

Archer, Daniel darcher at osrhe.edu
Fri Mar 15 14:17:46 CDT 2019

COI Colleagues,

As you may recall, the concurrent enrollment admission and course placement criteria were updated in 2017.

Among other things, the following changes were made:

*         the pre-ACT, PSAT10, and PSAT/NMSQT  were added as concurrent admission measures;

*         the pre-ACT, PSAT10, PSAT/NMSQT, and entry level assessment and course placement measures that are in accordance with the institution's State Regents' approved assessment plan were added as concurrent enrollment course placement measures; and

*         the homeschool age requirement was removed and replaced with a component that requires an individual to have completed enough high school course work to be equivalent to an individual who is classified as a junior or senior at an accredited high school.

Over the last several months, we have been contacted by multiple individuals who have reportedly received mixed messages about concurrent enrollment eligibility.  Most notably, we have received a multitude of calls from high school counselors alleging that one higher education institution accepts the pre-ACT for concurrent enrollment while another one does not.

This has led me to review how concurrent enrollment eligibility criteria is defined on various institutional websites.  After review, it appears that a decent number of institutions are not communicating the correct concurrent enrollment eligibility criteria.

I visited with the Council on Instruction about this concern yesterday, which subsequently requested that I share this with OACRAO.

Please review the concurrent enrollment eligibility criteria that are detailed on your website.  If the website content is not aligned with the criteria in the link below, please revise it as soon as possible to ensure compliance with the State Regents' Concurrent Enrollment policy.

https://www.okcollegestart.org/College_Planning/Prepare_for_College/concurrent_enrollment.aspx#alliances

Thank You,

Daniel Archer, Ed.D.
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
655 Research Parkway
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
Phone: (405) 225-9142