[Oacrao-l] Transcript Release Compliance

Sumner, Amanda amanda.sumner at okstate.edu
Wed Jul 31 13:50:06 CDT 2024

See below for OSU-COM:

[cid:image002.png at 01DAE350.8C3FA100]

From: Oacrao-l <oacrao-l-bounces at lists.onenet.net> On Behalf Of Bowles Palacioz, Crystal
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2024 8:02 AM
To: OACRAO Listserve (oacrao-l at lists.onenet.net) <oacrao-l at lists.onenet.net>
Subject: [Oacrao-l] Transcript Release Compliance

Hello OACRAO Friends,

My institution is reconsidering possible actions while complying with the new Federal Regulation regarding transcript release. I have been asked to find out, from as many of you as possible, what you are and are not doing to comply with the regulation.

Would you please take a moment to complete the following questions? You may answer them returning "to all" or back to me alone. I am happy to share redacted, anonymous results with anyone that asks.

  1.  Did you have a payment plan for students prior to the regulation announcement? Yes
  2.  Do you plan on developing a payment plan? N/A
  3.  Will you release the transcript if the payment plan is not in good standing? Yes
  4.  Are you creating a grade code and releasing the transcript with that grade code for the final course grade during the Title IV period? No
  5.  Are you withholding degree/credential conferral for outstanding bill or payment plan not in good standing? We will confer the degree, will not credential (unless they are just requesting a transcript)
  6.  If you are not withholding degree/credential conferral for an outstanding bill or payment plant not in good standing, are you withholding the diploma? Yes - we will also not approve them to take the next round of board exams required after graduation
  7.  Are you releasing the full transcript (no special grade code and conferring degree/credential) regardless of bill or payment plan standing? Yes
  8.  What, if anything, are you doing differently with transcripts and/or diplomas/credentials after the July 1 implementation of the regulation? We are just removing transcript as one of our hold types
  9.  Are you changing billing processing in regard to the regulation? No
  10. Are you changing admission or readmission policies in regard to the regulation? No
  11. Are you changing reenrollment (continued enrollment) policies in regard to the regulation? We will continue enrollment holds. Our students attend as a cohort, so enrollment holds have always been pretty effective.
  12. What type of school do you represent:
     *   Undergrad only, Undergrad and Grad, etc.:
     *   2 year, 2 year +, 4 year, 4 year +, etc.: Professional (Medical School)
     *   Private, Public:
     *   Profit, Non-Profit:
  13. Any thoughts, comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share regarding the regulation or how your school is handling compliance?

Next Semester Enrollment Opens Soon! Apply Today!

[OSUIT Logo 2019]<https://osuit.edu/>
Crystal Bowles Palacioz
Registrar | Admissions | Veteran Students | International Students
OSU Institute of Technology | 1801 E. 4th Street | Okmulgee, OK  74447
crystal.bowles at okstate.edu<mailto:crystal.bowles at okstate.edu>  | P 918.293.4680 | F 918.293.4614
www.osuit.edu<http://www.osuit.edu/>

P Please consider the environment before printing this E-mail.

WARNING:  This transmission is from the office of the Registrar for the Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.  If you are not the addressee, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately via return email then destroy this email. Thank you.