[OK-AIR] OK-AIR Call for Proposals

Eastwood, Matthew A. matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu
Mon Aug 29 12:43:09 CDT 2016

Notes from the Board:

Hello fellow OK-AIR members,

  Hope everyone's start to the academic year has been a good one!  The board would like to thank everyone who contributed to the spring 2016 OK-AIR conference held at Tulsa Community College. Our attendees, keynote speakers, presenters and conference hosts deserve a big thank you.

                The conference this fall will be hosted by Oklahoma State University - Oklahoma City (OSU-OKC) on October 14th. So make sure to clear out your calendars today!  Details on the conference are now available at OK-AIR.org. For those newcomers or others wanting to get back into the conference spirit, OKAIR conferences are great opportunities for networking as well as professional development and again by popular demand for this fall, you will have the opportunity to win several gift card prizes!  We like to keep a friendly and informal tone at the conferences, and all those old and new alike are welcome to be a part of our informative and fun group.

- Matthew Eastwood

Call for Proposals:

                We need your help!  The Oklahoma Association for Institutional Research (OK-AIR) invites interested parties to submit one or more proposals for presentation at the fall 2016 Conference.  As an incentive, Registration costs will be waived in their entirety for all those that wish to present or lead a group. That's right, presenters attend FREE! The board hopes to have as many breakout sessions and options for attendees as possible.  So any submitted proposal will be greatly appreciated.  Please feel free to submit a proposal on any topic that would be of interest to higher education professionals working in research, assessment, planning or any of the wide variety of functions that our attendees have gained experience.

We are a small and informal group of academic professionals and can gain much from each other's perspectives.  Presentations need not be presentation style only as well.  If there is a topic of interest to you, please feel free to submit a proposal
to facilitate a group discussion as an example.  Chances are if something is important to you or your institution, several others will share the same sentiment.   Proposals will be due by Tuesday, September 27th.  To submit a proposal, please fill out the attached Word document and submit the proposal to:

Matthew Eastwood, OKAIR President

matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu<mailto:matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu>

(405) 682-7842 or (405) 830-2712

Individuals whose proposals have been accepted for presentation at the conference will be notified via email no later than September 28th.  Questions about proposals or presentations may be directed to Matthew Eastwood at matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu<mailto:matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu>.

Please check the OKAIR website (www.ok-air.org<http://www.ok-air.org>) for more fall 2016 conference information details and registration announcements!