[OK-AIR] Late enrollment

Mary Millikin MMILLIKIN at rsu.edu
Fri May 5 16:12:42 CDT 2017

Hi, Isabelle.

RSU currently does allow enrollment during the first week of the semester, but that may change.  An analysis indicated that that success rates (C or Better) for first-time freshmen is significantly lower if they enroll during the first week of class. Although this seems logical, we needed to run the numbers for evidence.

We also found a significant negative effect on all students taking lower level course work (1000 and 2000 level courses).  However, there is no effect for upper level course work (3000 and 4000 level courses).

We have not analyzed this for section changes of the same course within the first week of the semester.

Mary

"Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world."  N. Mandela

[http://www.rsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/RSULogoAcronymVertical-80x116.png]      [Safe Zone Trained Very Small and Round]

Mary A. Millikin, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice President for Accountability and Academics
Rogers State University
(918) 343-7605
mmillikin at rsu.edu<mailto:mmillikin at rsu.edu>
1701 W. Will Rogers Blvd.