[OK-AIR] Fall 2018 OK-AIR Conference

Jennifer Ivie Barth jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu
Tue Aug 28 17:03:51 CDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,
  I hope everyone has had a great start to their fall semester!  As a reminder the conference this fall will be hosted by the University of Oklahoma on October 12th. So make sure to clear out your calendars today!  Details on the conference and registration will be available next month at www.OK-AIR.org<http://www.OK-AIR.org>.
We are still in need of presenters for the conference.  Please consider presenting on an IR, assessment, and/or planning related topic or hosting a round table discussion around a topic of interest.  Registration costs will be 50% off for all those that wish to present or lead a group discussion. Proposal are due by September 14.  Individuals whose proposals have been accepted for presentation at the conference will be notified via email no later than September 24th.
                In addition, we have multiple board member positions coming available this year.  If you're interested in serving on the Board of Directors, or know someone who would be a great addition to the team, we are asking for nominations prior to the meeting so we can have ballots available at the conference.  Nominations are due by October 9.  You can nominate yourself or someone else.  (Don't worry, if you get nominated by someone else, we will reach out and confirm your interest.)
Proposals, Session Ideas, and Board Member Nominations should be submitted via the links on the OK-AIR website.
www.OK-AIR.org
Questions about proposals, presentations, or board member nominations may be directed to Jennifer Ivie at Jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu<mailto:Jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu>.
Thank you,
Jennifer
Jennifer L. Ivie, Ph.D.
President, OK-AIR
Director, Institutional Research & Assessment
Tulsa Community College
918.595.7925
jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu<mailto:jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu>
http://ira.tulsacc.edu<http://ira.tulsacc.edu/>
"...data provide a powerful prompt for campus engagement, courageous conversation,
and constructive change...  The cycle of change is dependent on an institution's willingness
and capacity to not just collect these data, but to use them."  (McClenney & Dare, 2013, p. 14)

"To stop questioning whether what we do is working as expected is to invite stagnation and
a collapse in creativity and innovation." (Bresciani, 2011, p. 2)