[OK-AIR] Fall 2018 OK-AIR Fall Conference Call for Proposals and Session Ideas

Jennifer Ivie Barth jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu
Thu Jul 5 13:44:37 CDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,
  Happy summer!  I hope everyone has found a way to stay cool so far this summer!  In an effort to give everyone more time to plan, we wanted to announce that the conference this fall will be hosted by the University of Oklahoma on October 12th. So make sure to clear out your calendars today!  Details on the conference will be available later this summer at www.OK-AIR.org<http://www.OK-AIR.org>.
Call for Proposals or Session Ideas:
                We need your help!  The Oklahoma Association for Institutional Research (OK-AIR) invites interested parties to submit one or more proposals for presentation at the fall 2018 Conference.  As an incentive, registration costs will be 50% off for all those that wish to present or lead a group. That's right, presenters attend for half price! The board hopes to have as many breakout sessions and options for attendees as possible.  So, any submitted proposal will be greatly appreciated.
Please submit a proposal on any topic that would be of interest to higher education professionals working in research, assessment, planning, or any of the wide variety of functions that our attendees have experience.
This year you can also make suggestions for topics that you'd like to see covered!
 We are a small and informal group of academic professionals and can gain much from each other's perspectives.  Presentations need not be presentation style only.  If there is a topic of interest to you, please feel free to submit a proposal to facilitate a group discussion or submit a topic suggestion and we will do our best to find someone to present on the topic.  Chances are if something is important to you or your institution, several others will share the same sentiment.   Proposals will be due by Monday, September 10th.  To complete the online form for a session proposal or topic suggestion, click on the appropriate link below:

Submit a Session Proposal<https://tulsacc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a60U9Q7mn2TpwkR>

Submit a Topic Suggestion<https://tulsacc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1BuAYUuXKeVDAmV>

Individuals whose proposals have been accepted for presentation at the conference will be notified via email no later than September 24th.  Questions about proposals or presentations may be directed to Jennifer Ivie at Jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu<mailto:Jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu>.
Thank you,
Jennifer
Jennifer L. Ivie, Ph.D.
President, OK-AIR
Director, Institutional Research & Assessment
Tulsa Community College
918.595.7925
jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu<mailto:jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu>
http://ira.tulsacc.edu<http://ira.tulsacc.edu/>
"...data provide a powerful prompt for campus engagement, courageous conversation,
and constructive change...  The cycle of change is dependent on an institution's willingness
and capacity to not just collect these data, but to use them."  (McClenney & Dare, 2013, p. 14)

"To stop questioning whether what we do is working as expected is to invite stagnation and
a collapse in creativity and innovation." (Bresciani, 2011, p. 2)