[OK-AIR] Fall 2019 OK-AIR Conference Call for Proposals and Session Ideas

Jennifer Ivie Barth jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu
Tue Aug 13 16:26:25 CDT 2019

[OK-AIR Logo]<https://ok-air.org/index.php>
Save the Date
OK-AIR Fall Conference
Friday, October 11, 2019
Tulsa Community College, Northeast Campus

As we prepare for the upcoming conference, I’d like to first encourage you to pass this invitation on to anyone in K-12 or Higher Ed institutional research, institutional effectiveness, assessment, accreditation, strategic planning, or other related area.  We would love to see a broad membership across all of these related fields!

If you are interested in presenting at the conference, please complete the Call for Presentation Proposals by September 23.  If you have an idea for a session but don’t want to be the one to present on the topic, please complete the Call for Session Ideas by September 9.  Please register as soon as possible so we can begin to get an accurate headcount for food.

Call for Presentation Proposals<https://tulsacc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1yOSfvGaAi1YiLX>

Call for Session Ideas<https://tulsacc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1LykNHx4yRsu3JP>

Conference Registration<https://tulsacc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9yunlVfQohdNypn>
Registration is $50 for regular members and $25 for presenters and graduate students.

Finally, as some of you may have noticed, we have a new website<https://ok-air.org/index.php>!!!  You can also access these links as well as many other things on that website.  Please send any feedback on the website or ideas you might have for content my way.

On behalf of the OK-AIR board, thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing everyone in October!

Thank you!
Jenn

Jennifer L. Ivie, Ph.D.
President, Oklahoma Association for Institutional Research
Director, Institutional Research & Assessment
Tulsa Community College
918.595.7925
jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu<mailto:jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu>
http://ira.tulsacc.edu<http://ira.tulsacc.edu/>
Click here to submit an IR&A service request<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fira.tulsacc.edu%2Fcontent%2Fservice-request-form&data=02%7C01%7Cjennifer.ivie%40tulsacc.edu%7C584f700cf31248cbb6ff08d70495a61b%7Ceb5d9dc493c645578c2390ef7fa05b96%7C0%7C0%7C636982913095114480&sdata=UTQwT0uvakgQf7HE6Ax%2BNlL8vGz28YCYQRYNpxnp4bk%3D&reserved=0>
“…data provide a powerful prompt for campus engagement, courageous conversation,
and constructive change…  The cycle of change is dependent on an institution’s willingness
and capacity to not just collect these data, but to use them.”  (McClenney & Dare, 2013, p. 14)

“To stop questioning whether what we do is working as expected is to invite stagnation and
a collapse in creativity and innovation.” (Bresciani, 2011, p. 2)