[OK-AIR] A few announcements from OK-AIR - CORRECTION

Jennifer Ivie Barth jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu
Wed Jan 30 16:28:26 CST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone is staying as warm as possible.  The OK-AIR board met last week and I have a few updates and announcements as a result.

First, the newly elected board members from our 2018 conference have joined the board, and others have stepped down.  Here are the current board members and their positions on the board.

*         Jennifer Ivie, Tulsa Community College, President

*         Susannah Livingood, University of Oklahoma, Secretary

*         Jackie Oram, OSRHE, Treasurer

*         Julie Sawyer, Northeastern State University, Member

*         Justin Porterfield, Tulsa Community College, Member

Second, please help me in thanking our previous board members and officers as they step down from their positions on the board.

*         Matthew Eastwood, OSRHE, Former President

*         Izzy Billen, Rose State College, Former Secretary

*         Kristin John, USAO, Former Treasurer

*         Lisa Moore, Former Member

As a result of this, we need/want to see if there is anyone else out there who'd like to join the board.  We are one member shy, but can take more than 1 if there are more interested.

Thirdly, we are still in need of a venue for the 2019 conference.  If you're able and willing to host the OK-AIR conference in October this year, please let me know ASAP.

Finally, we will be working this semester to overhaul the OK-AIR website.  If you have any ideas for content for the new website, please let me or anyone else on the board know.

Thank you!
Jenn

Jennifer L. Ivie, Ph.D.
Director, Institutional Research & Assessment
Tulsa Community College
918.595.7925
jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu<mailto:jennifer.ivie at tulsacc.edu>
http://ira.tulsacc.edu<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fira.tulsacc.edu%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cjennifer.ivie%40tulsacc.edu%7C77b5b691111a4340baad08d686ff37b3%7Ceb5d9dc493c645578c2390ef7fa05b96%7C0%7C0%7C636844828062029767&sdata=BoYRAjhT%2BdXWHQC2ALqyw5RAc%2BXoqKe1B59eOxNPnjA%3D&reserved=0>
"...data provide a powerful prompt for campus engagement, courageous conversation,
and constructive change...  The cycle of change is dependent on an institution's willingness
and capacity to not just collect these data, but to use them."  (McClenney & Dare, 2013, p. 14)

"To stop questioning whether what we do is working as expected is to invite stagnation and
a collapse in creativity and innovation." (Bresciani, 2011, p. 2)