Subject: [OKAIRP] C2IR LearnNet

From: "Stewart, Sheilynda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:48:57 -0600

All,
 
  The Institute of Higher Education at the University of Florida is
developing an online "applied research" certificate of community college
institutional research (C2IR).  They are looking for qualified
individuals with experience and knowledge of the issues of community
college institutional research to help develop training modules.
Further details are outlined below:

UF_IHEC2IR LearnNet Seeking IR Experts! 

Community College Institutional Research Learning Network

http://ihe.education.ufl.edu/c2ir/apply

The Institute of Higher Education at the University of Florida is
seeking institutional research practitioners to develop training modules
for community college institutional researchers across the country.  The
work is project based and will not interfere with current employment.  

Today's community colleges are entering a new direction of
evidence-based decision making and the C2IR LearnNet is poised to lead
the way.  Join our team and assist in the development of the first
professional online training of its kind.  The Institute of Higher
Education will facilitate the seamless integration of your skills and
knowledge into captivating instructional content.  Our highly trained
professional staff will assist you in turning your IR knowledge and
expertise into online instruction-no experience working in online
education required.  

Be a part of creating tools and information designed to have an
immediate impact on any IR Office - at any level.

For more information and to complete the online application.

Click here <http://ihe.education.ufl.edu/c2ir/apply> 

Find your fit - The C2IR LearnNet Module List:

 

Foundations of Community College Institutional Research:  

              Roles, Functions, and Context

              Effective Data Management and Reporting ***Under

Development***

Track 1 - Institutional Research Essentials:

              Data Management: Student Databases

              Data Management: Human Resources Databases

              Data Management: Peer Institutions and Benchmarking
Databases

              Reporting: Data Extraction and Analysis For Internal
Entities

              Reporting: External Organizations ***Under Development***

              Reporting: Qualitative Tools for Custom Reports

Track 2 - Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment:

              Institutional Effectiveness: Institutional Effectiveness:

Overview

              Institutional Effectiveness: Crafting the Community
College Plan

              Institutional Effectiveness: Survey, Design,
Implementation, and Analysis

              Institutional Effectiveness: Qualitative Assessment
Methods

Institutional Assessment: Community College Outcomes

Institutional Assessment: Administrative, Financial and Student Services

Institutional Assessment: Student Services

Student Learning Assessment: Accreditation and Accountability

Student Learning Assessment: Program

Track 3 - Institutional Research: Strategic Planning:

Institutional Planning: Creating a Culture of Evidence & Inquiry

Institutional Planning: IR's Support of the Process 

Institutional Planning: Needs Assessment and Strategic Analysis 

Academic Planning: The Building Blocks 

Academic Planning: Enrollment Analysis Techniques

Academic Planning: Advanced Techniques

Supporting Grant Writing

                  Apply Online Today

<http://ihe.education.ufl.edu/c2ir/apply> 

Requirements and Compensation:

Preferred qualifications: 

Workshop presentation experience.

Background of publications.

A commitment of ~75 hours of effort over 3 months.

Time management and organizational skills required.

Benefits include: 

Special consideration for IHE Faculty Status.

Payment of $5,000 at module completion.

First chance opportunity to facilitate ongoing learning.

Access to other C2IR Modules and IR resources.

The support and commitment of the IHE Development Team.

How to apply:

Upload your resume and complete the application/letter of interest at 
http://ihe.education.ufl.edu/c2ir/apply

<http://ihe.education.ufl.edu/c2ir/apply> . 

Review of Applications will be ongoing.  Those received by February
29th, 2008 will have the greatest chance of being selected for their top
choice of module for development.  Responses after that date will be
considered as needed.

 
 
Sheilynda Stewart, M.B.A.
Software Development Project Manager
Strategic Planning and Analysis
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
Phone:  (405) 225-9288
Email:   [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>