Subject: [OKAIRP] FW: Associate Vice Chancellor, Research & Institutional Effectiveness - Lone Star College System (Houston, TX)

From: Lynn Boyce <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:17:56 -0600

From: Anderson, Maria H [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:06 AM
To: Anderson, Maria H
Subject: Associate Vice Chancellor, Research & Institutional Effectiveness -
Lone Star College System (Houston, TX)

Dear Director of Institutional Research,

I am the Employment Manager for the Lone Star College System in north
Houston, Texas.  Our community college system encompasses five main
campuses, five satellite centers, and a University Center where students
earn Bachelor's and Master's degrees.  We are the third largest community
college district in Texas and we serve over 50,000 credit students each
semester.  I invite you to learn more about us at our website:
www.lonestar.edu.

LSCS invites applicants for the position of Associate Vice Chancellor,
Research & Institutional Effectiveness.  I am including the position
description, below, for your review and in the hope that you will
disseminate it to colleagues who may be interested.

Interested persons are welcome to contact me directly with questions about
the position and our district, or simply to apply on-line for immediate
consideration.

Thank you in advance for your attention to my e-mail and your help with our
search!

Maria Anderson, Ph.D.

Manager, Employment & Recruiting

Lone Star College System

5000 Research Forest Drive

The Woodlands, TX 77381

Ph: (832) 813-6777

Fax: (832) 813-6686

 <http://www.lonestar.edu> www.lonestar.edu

 http://wwwappsdstc.nhmccd.edu/newbrand/img/lscs.gif

Position Information

Posting Number 

00636   

Position Title 

Associate Vice Chancellor, Research & Institutional Effectiveness   

Advertised Location: 

System Office   

Hiring Range 

$89,516 - $105,183   

Position Status 

Full-time   

Position Summary 

In this key role, the Associate Vice Chancellor for Research & Institutional
Effectiveness provides leadership for developing a culture of
evidenced-based evaluation of the system's operations. The AVC administers
the system's Office of Research and Institutional Effectiveness (ORIE). The
AVC works with senior administrators, deans, chairs and faculty, across the
system to create and sustain systems for evaluating performance on critical
learning, service, and administrative outcomes. The AVC will oversee and
coordinate all facets of a comprehensive institutional effectiveness and
student learning assessment process, under the supervision of the Senior
Vice Chancellor. And will assist in ensuring compliance with all regional
and specialized accreditation efforts, including participation in the system
self-study process. Additional responsibilities include staying abreast of
accreditation, government policies, and state-of-the-art practices; as well
as directing the creation and dissemination of information and services that
empower accountability, continuous improvement, and informed planning.   

Job Functions 

Assists Senior Vice Chancellor in specific projects and assignments and
tasks of the Office of Research & Institutional Effectiveness. 
Coordinates the development and implementation of a comprehensive education
program review. 
Serves as the chair for the Advisory Council for Research and Institutional
Effectiveness. 
Executes special charges and assignments that evolve from the Advisory
Council for Research and Institutional Effectiveness. 
Supervises Institutional Research and Effectiveness directors. 
Ensures the articulation and linkage with the Texas Higher Ed Coordinating
Board and SACS. 
Provides leadership for System planning initiatives. 
Assists with policy development.   

Required Qualifications/Education Campus Specific 

Bachelor's degree or higher in related area. 
At least 5 years experience in a progressively responsible higher education
role. 
Must possess a background in organizational assessment and institutional
research. 
Extensive higher education experience including outcomes assessment and
planning, data analysis and accreditation   

Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: 

Knowledge of and experience with Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
guidelines. 
Knowledge of and experience with SACS program review. 
Knowledge of and experience with research methodology and design,
statistics. 
Knowledge of institutional effectiveness processes and practice in higher
education. 
Strong communication and collaborative skills are essential. 
Negotiation skills. 
Highly self-motivated. 
Proven skills in problem solving ability and team building skills. 
Ability to pull teams together to meet goals. 
Knowledge of rules and regulations, which apply to community college courses
and programs. 
Ability to perform a wide variety of projects simultaneously. 
Ability to manage cost unit budget. 
Ability to communicate vision and motivate people to implement vision. 
Ability to work independently and as a team member.   

Preferred Qualifications/Education 

Doctoral degree in related area. 
Experience in community college environment with multi-college system.   

Special Instructions to Applicants 

Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail documents outside of the electronic
application process.   

Job Close Date 

Open Until Filled