Subject: [OKAIRP] New Race and Ethnicity Resources from AIR and NCES

From: "Stewart, Sheilynda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:21:55 -0500

All OKAIRP members,

    The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) has announced the
launch of a web site devoted to bringing the institutional research
community information on the new IPEDS race/ethnicity (R/E) standards.
On this page you will find links to recent relevant presentations,
definitions, and resources, as well as a set of frequently asked
questions. In addition, the web site includes a moderated BLOG where YOU
can ask your own questions.  For more information, you may view their
IPEDS resources webpage at http://www.airweb.org/raceethnicity.html

There is also a website launched by the National Center for Education
Statistics (NCES) to assist institutions and state agencies with the
transition to the new race and ethnicity categories.  View their webpage
for more information: http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/reic/resource.asp
<http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/reic/resource.asp>  

Sheilynda Stewart, M.B.A.
OKAIRP President
 
Software Development Project Manager
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
Strategic Planning and Analysis
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
Phone:  (405) 225-9288
Email:   [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>