Subject: [OKAIR] FW: Questions about Common Data Set

From: "Miller, Curtis E" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:13:45 -0500

Hi everybody,

Same here: Census day is last drop day with full refund, about two weeks in.  I'm curious about the use of the Common Data Set, though.  We could use it for the CollegeBoard "BigFuture" search site, and probably for college ranking sites that we really do not deal with.  For others like me who are hip-deep in alligators and trying to drain the swamp, how else do we justify completing the CDS?

Curtis E. Miller, Ph.D.
Institutional Research Analyst
Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology
1801 East 4th Street
Okmulgee, Oklahoma 74447
www.osuit.edu<http://www.osuit.edu>

Office  (918) 293-5498
Fax (918) 293-4606
Campus (918) 293-4678

P Please consider the environment before printing this E-mail.

WARNING:  This transmission is from the office of Institutional Research for Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.  If you are not the addressee, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately via return email then destroy this email. Thank you.

---

From: "Stewart, Sheilynda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:38:16 -0500

At ECU we are involved with several external surveys (College Board,
Peterson's, Barron's, Wintergreen, and a few others).  I use the common
data set to ensure that information is reported consistently and
efficiently, since I really don't have a lot of time to spend on each
survey.   The CDS is also very useful when I need to answer standard ad
hoc questions with limited time constraints.

Sheilynda Stewart  

Sheilynda Stewart, Ph.D.

Director of Institutional Research

East Central University

1100 E. 14th Street

Ada, Oklahoma  74820-6999

Phone:  580-559-5668

email:  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  

East Central University's mission is to foster a learning environment in
which students, faculty, staff, and community interact to educate
students for life in a rapidly changing and culturally diverse society.
Within its service area, East Central University provides leadership for
economic development and cultural enhancement.

 

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original message.

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Miller, Curtis E
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 2:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OKAIR] FW: Questions about Common Data Set

Hi everybody,

Same here: Census day is last drop day with full refund, about two weeks
in.  I'm curious about the use of the Common Data Set, though.  We could
use it for the CollegeBoard "BigFuture" search site, and probably for
college ranking sites that we really do not deal with.  For others like
me who are hip-deep in alligators and trying to drain the swamp, how
else do we justify completing the CDS?

Curtis E. Miller, Ph.D.

1801 East 4th Street

Okmulgee, Oklahoma 74447

www.osuit.edu

Office  (918) 293-5498

Fax (918) 293-4606

Campus (918) 293-4678

WARNING:  This transmission is from the office of Institutional Research
for Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology and may contain
information that is privileged or confidential.  If you are not the
addressee, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately via return email
then destroy this email. Thank you.

---

From: "Jorgenson, Cheryl K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:53:09 +0000

Very well said.  The same for OU but I would say a lot of surveys rather than several.

Cheryl Jorgenson
Associate Provost/Director of Institutional Research
University of Oklahoma
Phone: 405 325-3681
Fax: 405 325-7470
website: www.ou.edu/provost/ir<http://www.ou.edu/provost/ir>
email: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Stewart, Sheilynda
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 2:38 PM
To: Miller, Curtis E; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [OKAIR] FW: Questions about Common Data Set

At ECU we are involved with several external surveys (College Board, Peterson's, Barron's, Wintergreen, and a few others).  I use the common data set to ensure that information is reported consistently and efficiently, since I really don't have a lot of time to spend on each survey.   The CDS is also very useful when I need to answer standard ad hoc questions with limited time constraints.

Sheilynda Stewart [ECULogo]

Sheilynda Stewart, Ph.D.
Director of Institutional Research
East Central University
1100 E. 14th Street
Ada, Oklahoma  74820-6999
Phone:  580-559-5668
email:  [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

East Central University's mission is to foster a learning environment in which students, faculty, staff, and community interact to educate students for life in a rapidly changing and culturally diverse society. Within its service area, East Central University provides leadership for economic development and cultural enhancement.

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Miller, Curtis E
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 2:14 PM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: [OKAIR] FW: Questions about Common Data Set

Hi everybody,

Same here: Census day is last drop day with full refund, about two weeks in.  I'm curious about the use of the Common Data Set, though.  We could use it for the CollegeBoard "BigFuture" search site, and probably for college ranking sites that we really do not deal with.  For others like me who are hip-deep in alligators and trying to drain the swamp, how else do we justify completing the CDS?
[Description: Signature, short]

Curtis E. Miller, Ph.D.

Office  (918) 293-5498
Fax (918) 293-4606
Campus (918) 293-4678

[Description: Description: osuit]
P Please consider the environment before printing this E-mail.