Subject: [OKAIRP] Call for Proposals and Conference Information...

From: Lynn Boyce <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:44:04 -0600

Notes from the President:

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the Fall 2008 conference
hosted by Rose State College!  The OKAIRP board members appreciate all
participants and presenters for making this another exciting and well
attended conference.   We especially appreciate David Gleason for his
insightful address about learning to think with more than one hat by
modeling creative problem solving and decision-making approaches to improve
institutional productivity and effectiveness.

Oklahoma Association for Institutional Research and Planning (OKAIRP)
conferences provide opportunities to network, share professional
experiences, and empower participants through professional development.
OKAIRP is a venue for the discussion and improvement of research, assessment
and planning in the state of Oklahoma.

--  Sheilynda Stewart

Call for Proposals:

You are invited to participate in the OKAIRP Spring 2009 conference.  The
conference will be hosted by Redlands Community College in El Reno,
Oklahoma.  Based on feedback from the Fall 2008 conference evaluations, we
are soliciting proposals from the following topics:

.         Disaster Recovery/Data Administration

.         Business Intelligence

.         Assessment Best Practices/Assessment Toolbox

.         The Practice of Institutional Research

.         Issues of Concern with Accreditation in Research and Assessment

.         Introduction to SPSS 

Although the preceding list is presented as a suggestion for topics that are
of interest to the OKAIRP membership at large, do not hesitate to submit a
proposal on a topic that you think would be of interest to institutional
research, planning, or assessment professionals at higher education
institutions.

The time allotted for each presentation should be approximately 50 minutes.
Also, include your intended target audience and any requests for special
technical arrangements. Proposals are due by February 13, 2009.  To submit a
proposal, send the title and a brief summary through email to:

Sheilynda Stewart, OKAIRP President

    [email-masked]

        (405) 225-9288

Conference will be hosted by:

Redlands Community College

Conference Center

1300 S. Country Club Road
El Reno, OK  73036

March 26th and 27th, 2009

Watch www.okairp.org for details!