Subject: Re: [OKAIR] OKAIRP Digest, Vol 74, Issue 2

From: "Billen, Isabelle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 08:10:09 -0600

Here at Rose we are the same as Oral Roberts.  I don't think there has
ever been any discussion of making them publicly available.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 12:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: OKAIRP Digest, Vol 74, Issue 2

Send OKAIRP mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://lists.onenet.net/mailman/listinfo/okairp
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of OKAIRP digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Policies regarding disclosure of course/teaching evaluations
      (Karla Oty)
   2. Re: Policies regarding disclosure of course/teaching
      evaluations (Cal Easterling)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 20:07:16 +0000
From: Karla Oty <[email-masked]>
Subject: [OKAIR] Policies regarding disclosure of course/teaching
	evaluations
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

The Faculty Senate at Cameron University is considering writing a policy
regarding the distribution of course/teaching evaluations.  In
particular, they are concerned about recent inquiries on whether
course/teaching evaluations are posted for public dissemination.  My
understanding of the discussion is that although they would be in favor
of posting summaries of groups of course/teaching evaluations, they do
not believe that individual course/teaching evaluations and student
comments should be posted for general distribution.

I was wondering if any of you know of any such policies on your campus,
and, if you do, if you would be either willing to send me a link to the
policy or the actual policy itself.

Thanks,

Karla

Karla J. Oty, Ph.D.
Director, Institutional Research, Assessment, and Accountability Cameron
University
2800 W. Gore Blvd
Lawton, OK 73505
(580) 581-2899

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://lists.onenet.net/pipermail/okairp/attachments/20120203/ebf01de1/a
ttachment.htm 

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 16:21:45 -0600
From: Cal Easterling <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [OKAIR] Policies regarding disclosure of course/teaching
	evaluations
To: Karla Oty <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Karla,

Thanks for your note. It is so great to hear from you!

At Oral Roberts, only the faculty member, dept. chair, dean, and VPAA
can view them. Trustees see them for candidates for promotion or tenure.

The Faculty Senate opposes public posting and is currently discussing
proposed changes to the questions on the instrument. There is no policy
statement, since public distribution has never been considered.

Cal Easterling, Ph.D.
Have a happy day!
http://easterlingtribe.com/audiobible
Solo Scriptura

On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:07 PM, Karla Oty <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The Faculty Senate at Cameron University is considering writing a
policy regarding the distribution of course/teaching evaluations.  In
particular, they are concerned about recent inquiries on whether
course/teaching evaluations are posted for public dissemination.  My
understanding of the discussion is that although they would be in favor
of posting summaries of groups of course/teaching evaluations, they do
not believe that individual course/teaching evaluations and student
comments should be posted for general distribution.
>  
> I was wondering if any of you know of any such policies on your
campus, and, if you do, if you would be either willing to send me a link
to the policy or the actual policy itself.
>  
> Thanks,
>  
> Karla
>  
> Karla J. Oty, Ph.D.
> Director, Institutional Research, Assessment, and Accountability 
> Cameron University
> 2800 W. Gore Blvd
> Lawton, OK 73505
> (580) 581-2899
>  
> _______________________________________________
> OKAIRP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.onenet.net/mailman/listinfo/okairp
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://lists.onenet.net/pipermail/okairp/attachments/20120204/14cd8fcf/a
ttachment.htm 

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
OKAIRP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.onenet.net/mailman/listinfo/okairp

End of OKAIRP Digest, Vol 74, Issue 2
*************************************