Subject: [OKAIRP] Corrected UCO Lean Seminars website & date

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:08:53 -0600

Due to a conflict with a state-wide event, the April seminar has been 
moved to April 12.  The website and registration form is now available via 
the internet at  http://administration.ucok.edu/ucocsi. 

Please share this e-mail with others interested in Lean Enterprise.  Mail 
registration forms to Karen Henderson, Process Improvement.

Karen Henderson
Assistant Director, Process Improvement
University of Central Oklahoma
Lillard Administration Building, Room 218 (Box 178)
Edmond, OK  73034
(405) 974-2540
[email-masked]

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This email (including any attachments) may contain 
confidential, proprietary and privileged information, any unauthorized 
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error, 
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system.  Thank 
you.
----- Forwarded by Karen Henderson/OBAF/UCO on 01/10/2007 05:09 PM -----

Karen Henderson/OBAF/UCO 
01/08/2007 10:58 AM

To
[email-masked]
cc
Mark Moore/OBAF/UCO@UCO, Steve Kreidler/VPAdmin/UCO@UCO, 
[email-masked]
Subject
Fw: UCO Lean Seminars on Transactional Change

Dear Colleague, 

During the past three years, the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) has 
improved our services in an effort to sustain our viability.  We recognize 
that the funding paradigm we have operated under for many decades is gone. 
 One solution that we have used to assist our administrative support 
staff, faculty and students in this journey to viability is the strategic 
improvement methodology referred to as “Lean”. 

If you are struggling in a similar fashion, then you understand the 
challenges that we have been facing.  Choosing the correct continuous 
improvement methodology may be the most difficult decision any of us can 
make.  Has your campus considered TQM, CQI, Six Sigma, or Lean?   

Our campus has benefited from the use of the transactional process 
improvement tools contained within Lean.  In 2004 our Facilities 
Management department had over 3000 open work orders and average time to 
initial contact exceeded three months.  Applying Lean principles, the 
average number of work orders today is 500 with initial contact made 
within one day.  Lean principles were applied to the Financial Aid 
department resulting in the formation of a Call Center.  Previously, staff 
members assisting students in the office were interrupted to address what 
were often routine questions or questions that needed to be routed to 
another staff member.  During the peak time the Call Center responds to 
600 calls per day, freeing-up the front-line staff to assist students in 
the office. 

To help others benefit from our experience, the University of Central 
Oklahoma is sponsoring seminars on “Using Lean Principles for 
Transactional Change.”  Two seminars are being offered that illustrate the 
effectiveness of this strategic methodology.  While the April seminar is 
intended for project managers and facilitators, the February seminar 
provides an introduction to Lean principles for both facilitators and 
decision-makers. Participants will experience the impact of Lean 
improvement on higher education processes. 

        February 15, 2007 
        8:30 - 4:30, UCO Nigh University Center Ballroom 
        > Executive leadership, project managers, and facilitators 
        > Introduction to Lean Enterprise 
        > Real-life case studies 

        April 12, 2007 
        8:30 - 4:30, UCO Nigh University Center Ballroom 
        > Project managers and facilitators 
        > Training on Lean Enterprise fundamentals 

Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about Lean tools used to assess 
processes and ultimately reduce waste.  The registration fee is only $49, 
however, if your organization brings three or more to a conference the 
registration fee is reduced to $34 per person.  Go to 
http://administration.ucok.edu/ucocsi for registration information.   

Sincerely, 

Steve Kreidler 
Executive Vice President 

Attachment:  Brochure pdf   
http://administration.ucok.edu/ucocsi/documents/csi_brochure.pdf

Karen Henderson
Assistant Director, Process Improvement
University of Central Oklahoma
Center for Strategic Improvement 
Lillard Administration Building, Room 218 (Box 178)
Edmond, OK  73034
Voice:  (405) 974-2540
Fax:  (405) 974-3875
[email-masked]

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This email (including any attachments) may contain 
confidential, proprietary and privileged information, any unauthorized 
disclosure 
or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify 
the sender
 and delete this email from your system.  Thank you.