Subject: [OKAIRP] Job Opening

From: "Yeager, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:25:50 -0600

Below is a job description for an open position at the Oklahoma State
Regents for Higher Education.  Please circulate it to whoever might be
interested. The position is located in Oklahoma City in the OSRHE
offices.  Please direct inquiries to Tiffany Tomlinson at 405.225.9415,
[email-masked].  Thank you. 

THE OKLAHOMA STATE REGENTS FOR
HIGHER EDUCATION

JOB DESCRIPTION
Research Analyst
 Strategic Planning and Analysis

Non-Exempt
Position #100007

ESSENTIAL FUNCTION

This individual will prepare materials required for State Regents' board
and committee meetings and conduct applied research and analysis.  Data
produced are used to make policy decisions for the Oklahoma State System
of Higher Education and fulfill ad hoc requests from the legislature,
media, and public.  

RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES

Review raw data, verify it for accuracy, provide analysis, and write
reports that include summary tables, graphs, and charts.
Analyze technical information from various sources and write reports,
analyses, summaries, and histories as assigned.
Research and analyze topics and write reports as assigned.
Conduct surveys, collect data, tabulate, analyze, and display data.
Compose correspondence to furnish or request information.
Respond to quick-turnaround research requests from Chancellor, Vice
Chancellor, Research Director, Communications staff and Legislative
Affairs, and directly from Regents.
Serve as staff liaison to local, state, and national organizations as
needed.
Review and summarize state and national reports as assigned.
Create and maintain a variety of databases.
Responsible for a number of annual reports, such as Student Remediation,
Degrees Conferred, and Teacher Education Admission Survey.
Other similar duties as assigned.

POSITION QUALIFICATIONS

Master's degree in related area or bachelor's degree and related
research experience are required.  Knowledge of Oklahoma higher
education system is desired.  Must have proven analytical, problem
solving, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
Must be proficient in spreadsheet and word processing applications.
Experience with SPSS, SAS, or other query applications is required.
Some extended hours and minimal travel are required.

SUPERVISION

The employee performs work under the supervision of the Director of
Research and Analysis.  

Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume (including 3
professional references) to:
OSRHE, Human Resources, P.O. Box 108850, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
73101-8850.
Fax #: (405) 225-9230
E-mail: [email-masked]

Michael Yeager
Director of Research and Analysis
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
P.O. Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850

655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Voice: 405.225.9164
Fax:    405.225.9230