Subject: [OKAIRP] FW: [e-AIR] Electronic AIR, 9/28/04 (Part A)

From: "Tyree, Laura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:52:26 -0500

FYI - the following two items regarding U.S. News and AAUP appeared in the latest edition of the the electronic AIR newsletter.

Laura Tyree

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 7:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [e-AIR] Electronic AIR, 9/28/04 (Part A)

**********************************************************************
* US NEWS NEWS - Ranking Spreadsheets Available to Download          *
*  Bob Morse, US News & World Report, http://www.usnews.com          *
**********************************************************************

The ranking spreadsheets are at the website below.

https://websrv1.usnews.com/webdata/surveys/college/2004/ranking/tables.cfm

The top tier of schools (the ones with numbered ranks published) are in
one tab and the rest of the schools are in a second tab.

A file that contains an explanation of the footnotes is also included.
These vary slightly from year to year, so each year has its own
footnote file.

The files are in Microsoft Excel format.

Director of Data Research
U.S. News & World Report
http://www.usnews.com

*********************************************************************
* AAUP NEWS - AAUP Faculty Compensation Survey Available Oct. 15th  *
*  John W. Curtis, AAUP Director of Research, ([email-masked])    *
*********************************************************************

The annual Faculty Compensation Survey of the American Association of
University Professors (AAUP) will be available for completion by
October 15, with an initial response deadline in early December. As for
the 2003-04 academic year, institutional respondents will be notified
by e-mail when the survey is ready, and will be directed to the AAUP
Web site to download forms and instructions. We are not planning any
major changes to the format of the survey for the coming year, although
respondents will be asked to complete two brief optional items: the
number of faculty in five designated professional schools or programs,
and the compensation of chief administrative officers.

What we do hope to change, however, is our speed in processing
institutional data and the formatting of custom peer comparison
reports. We are continuing to move toward an all-electronic process,
which should result in both improved accuracy and faster turnaround
times.

If you are the AAUP respondent for your institution, watch for an e-
mail in the next few days with more information. If you are not, please
forward this message to that person. If you are not sure who the
respondent for your institution is, or if you know that the contact
information has changed, please feel free to contact us by e-mail at
[email-masked] or by phone at 202-737-5900 Ext. 3018. For more
information about our survey, please visit our Web site at
http://www.aaup.org/research.

John W. Curtis, AAUP Director of Research
[email-masked]