Subject: [OKAIR] Identification of "college level" courses...

From: Lynn Boyce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 13:57:11 -0500

Good afternoon all,

Please see the below information from Marion.  

Thank you everybody!  

Lynn

Information Services will never ask for your password.   Never email your
password to anyone!

This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or
protected by legal privilege. Any unauthorized review, use, copy, disclosure
or distribution of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the appropriate party at USAO, and
immediately destroy all copies of this e-mail. USAO does not accept any
liability for breach of security, error or virus that may result from the
transmission of this message.

From: Dilbeck, Marion [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:19 AM
To: Boyce, Lynn
Cc: Oram, Jackie
Subject: RE: Quick question....

I'm thinking that you're asking about Complete College America reporting.
For that purpose--

We look at Record 2-4s in the pre-2010 data.  If the HEGIS code is '1501' or
'1701' and the first digit of the course number is not zero, it's a college
level course in English or Math.  If the grade is '1', '2', '3', '4' or '9',
the student passed.  

For 2010-11 onward, we look at Record E's and use CIP codes 23xxxx and
27xxxx and course level of '1' or '2' and the same grade codes.

The CCA metric has us look at the first and second year of each cohort for
those completed college level courses.  Beginning this time (in progress),
they're asking for counts of completed-within-one-year and
completed-within-two-years.

That's the story from our data perspective.  

From: Boyce, Lynn 
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 9:07 AM
To: Dilbeck, Marion
Subject: Quick question....

How would I go about finding out what OSRHE has defined as our "college
level" math and English courses?

Lynn

J. Lynn Boyce

Vice President

Information Services and Technology 

University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma

 <http://www.usao.edu> http://www.usao.edu

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

1727 W. Alabama

Chickasha, OK 73018

405.224.3140 (voice)

405.574.1220 (fax)

Information Services will never ask for your password.   Never email your
password to anyone!

This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or
protected by legal privilege. Any unauthorized review, use, copy, disclosure
or distribution of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the appropriate party at USAO, and
immediately destroy all copies of this e-mail. USAO does not accept any
liability for breach of security, error or virus that may result from the
transmission of this message.