Subject: [OKAIRP] OKAIRP: Announcements from OU Consortium for Student Data Exchange

From: "Stewart, Sheilynda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:34:08 -0600

Greetings,
 
     The following announcements are on behalf of the Consortium for
student Retention Data Exchange (CSRDE) at the University of Oklahoma:

The Institutional Research Leadership in Student Retention Awarded to
Jacyln Cameron, DePaul University

The Consortium for Student Retention Data Exchange (CSRDE) at the
University of Oklahoma presented the CSRDE Institutional Research
Leadership in Student Retention Award this year to Jaclyn Cameron of
DePaul University.  This past year's Symposium was held in Little Rock,
AR, on September 29 - October 1, 2008.  

Cameron is a research analyst at DePaul's Office of Institutional
Planning and Research. Her paper was chosen from those presented at this
year's National Symposium on Student Retention, for having best
demonstrated the importance of institutional research to the field of
student retention and success.  Her paper, titled The Attack of the
Killer Courses: How Course Taking Patterns Affect Retention, concerns
specific courses and subjects that can be detrimental to student
success. The award included a plaque and $1,000 monetary prize. The
paper was also published in the Proceedings of the 4th Annual National
Symposium on Student Retention.

Early notice on Call for Proposals- Abstracts due February 6, 2009

 Next year's Symposium will be in Buffalo, NY, on September 30 - October
2, 2009.  Please consider presenting a paper. Abstracts of 200 words are
due February 6, 2009.  Final papers are due May 15, 2009.  Abstracts
will be given a preliminary review.  All completed submissions will also
be peer reviewed for presentation at the symposium and publication in
the conference proceedings. Colleagues from 2-year and 4-year
institutions are encouraged to participate. More information on the Call
for Proposals, the abstract submission process, and the symposium are
posted on our website: http://csrde.ou.edu
<BLOCKED::http://csrde.ou.edu/>  . You also can also email the
consortium at: [email-masked] <BLOCKED::mailto:[email-masked]>  if you have
any questions.

Again this year there will be three prizes given for outstanding papers,
including the $1000 cash prize for the paper, in any conference track,
which best demonstrates the importance of Institutional Research in
student retention efforts. Institutional Researchers were the founders
of the CSRDE and continue to serve as our advisors and institutional
representatives.  Our symposium has a strong emphasis on current
research and evidence based strategies.  Please consider submitting this
year.

Rosemary Hayes, Ph.D.

Executive Director, Consortium for Student Retention Data Exchange

The University of Oklahoma 

CSRDE email: [email-masked]
405-325-2158

 
 
Sheilynda Stewart, M.B.A.
OKAIRP President
 
Software Development Project Manager
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
Strategic Planning and Analysis
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
Phone:  (405) 225-9288
Email:   [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>