Subject: [OKAIRP] FW: Amended Vacancy Announcement: Associate Vice Chancellor, Research & Institutional Effectiveness - Lone Star College System (Houston, TX)

From: Lynn Boyce <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:38:54 -0600

From: Anderson, Maria H [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:15 PM
To: Anderson, Maria H
Subject: Amended Vacancy Announcement: Associate Vice Chancellor, Research &
Institutional Effectiveness - Lone Star College System (Houston, TX)

The position of Associate Vice Chancellor with posting # 00636 has been
pulled from our website, amended, and re-posted as job posting # 00643.  The
position was amended to require a doctoral degree.   I have pasted in the
amended job description, below, and I apologize for the confusion on this
end that may have resulted in confusion on yours.

Sincerely, 

Maria Anderson, Ph.D.

Manager, Employment & Recruiting

Lone Star College System

5000 Research Forest Drive

The Woodlands, TX 77381

Ph: (832) 813-6777

Fax: (832) 813-6686

 <http://www.lonestar.edu> www.lonestar.edu

 http://wwwappsdstc.nhmccd.edu/newbrand/img/lscs.gif

Position Information

Posting Number: 

00643   

Position Title 

Associate Vice Chancellor, Research & Institutional Effectiveness   

Location 

System Office   

Hiring Range 

$89,516 - $105,183   

Position Status 

Full-time   

Position Summary 

In this key role, the Associate Vice Chancellor for Research & Institutional
Effectiveness provides leadership for developing a culture of
evidenced-based evaluation of the system's operations. The AVC administers
the system's Office of Research and Institutional Effectiveness (ORIE). The
AVC works with senior administrators, deans, chairs and faculty, across the
system to create and sustain systems for evaluating performance on critical
learning, service, and administrative outcomes. The AVC will oversee and
coordinate all facets of a comprehensive institutional effectiveness and
student learning assessment process, under the supervision of the Senior
Vice Chancellor. And will assist in ensuring compliance with all regional
and specialized accreditation efforts, including participation in the system
self-study process. Additional responsibilities include staying abreast of
accreditation, government policies, and state-of-the-art practices; as well
as directing the creation and dissemination of information and services that
empower accountability, continuous improvement, and informed planning.   

Essential Job Functions 

Assists Senior Vice Chancellor in specific projects and assignments and
tasks of the Office of Research & Institutional Effectiveness. 

Coordinates the development and implementation of a comprehensive education
program review. 

Serves as the chair for the Advisory Council for Research and Institutional
Effectiveness. 

Executes special charges and assignments that evolve from the Advisory
Council for Research and Institutional Effectiveness. 

Supervises Institutional Research and Effectiveness directors. 

Ensures the articulation and linkage with the Texas Higher Ed Coordinating
Board and SACS. 

Provides leadership for System planning initiatives. 

Assists with policy development.   

Qualifications/Education Campus Specific 

Doctoral degree in related area. 

At least 5 years experience in a progressively responsible higher education
role. 

Must possess a background in organizational assessment and institutional
research. 

Extensive higher education experience including outcomes assessment and
planning, data analysis and accreditation   

Knowledge, Skills, Experience 

Knowledge of and experience with Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
guidelines. 
Knowledge of and experience with SACS program review. 
Knowledge of and experience with research methodology and design,
statistics. 
Knowledge of institutional effectiveness processes and practice in higher
education. 
Strong communication and collaborative skills are essential. 
Negotiation skills. 
Highly self-motivated. 
Proven skills in problem solving ability and team building skills. 
Ability to pull teams together to meet goals. 
Knowledge of rules and regulations, which apply to community college courses
and programs. 
Ability to perform a wide variety of projects simultaneously. 
Ability to manage cost unit budget. 
Ability to communicate vision and motivate people to implement vision. 
Ability to work independently and as a team member.   

Preferred Qualifications/Education 

Experience in community college environment with multi-college system.   

Special Instructions to Applicants 

Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documents.   

Contract Position 

Yes   

Job Open Date 

12-16-2008   

Job Close Date 

Open Until Filled