Subject: [OKAIRP] FW: MidAIR Proposal Deadline Extension

From: "Tarrant, Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:50:47 -0500

Those of you not on MidAIR's listserve, I wanted to let you know about
this year's fall conference.  If you've never presented at MidAIR, now
is the time to jump in!  Someone else is probably going "through the
fire" that you had to endure and your insights can save them a lot of
trouble.  The proposal deadline gives you just enough time to get your
wisdom "on paper" to share with the rest of us.

Be sure to block off Nov 7-9 for the conference itself.  St. Louis isn't
that far!

Lee Tarrant
Oklahoma State University - Stillwater

-----Original Message-----
From: Schmidtke, Kathy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:57 PM
To: Schmidtke, Kathy
Subject: MidAIR Proposal Deadline Extension

MidAIR Members,
 
The MidAIR Proposal Deadline has been extended to September 14th!  To
submit a proposal, please click here MIDAIR ONLINE PROPOSAL
<http://www.mid-air.org/page.asp?page=1660> . For those of you who did
not receive our conference updates, the 2007 MidAIR Conference
<http://www.mid-air.org/page.asp?page=506>  in St. Louis, Missouri,
November 7 - 9,  is shaping up to be one of the best.  
 
Ideas for presentations
 
MidAIR provides an opportunity for those who conduct institutional
research or utilize information provided by institutional researchers to
share their knowledge and experience with each other.  We invite you to
share your experience in institutional research and higher education
with others, whether it is a project that you worked on, a question that
you answered for an administrator or faculty member, or a question that
peaked your own curiosity. Below you will find topics that were
presented at the 2006 MidAIR Conference:
 
*	Assessment 
*	Data-mining 
*	State Politics and Higher Education 
*	Predicting Student Success 
*	Transfer Students 
*	National Student Clearinghouse 
*	Predicting Re-enrollment 
 
Registration and Professional Development Opportunities (PDOs)
 
Registration for the Conference and PDOs is also open.  Please click
here to register:    https://secure.airweb3.org/midair/?page=2314
<https://webmail.um.umsystem.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://secur
e.airweb3.org/midair/?page=2314>  .
 
This year there are several PDOs that you will not want to miss.Topics
include implementing program audits, building an institutional balanced
scorecard, SPSS for beginners, SPSS and Excel Macros, pragmatic
assessment, and utilizing the IPEDS Dataset Cutting Tool and Data
Analysis System.  Presenters for the PDOs include William F. Massy,
Steve Graham, and Paula Short whose book, "Academic Quality Work:
Implementing Effective Program Audits" was recently published by Jossey
Bass.  Additionally, Shimon Sarraf and Rick Shoup from Indiana
University at Bloomington presented at the AIR Forum in Kansas City, as
did Jan W. Lyddon, Ph.D., Executive Vice President of Research and
Institutional Effectiveness, San Jacinto College, Pasadena, Texas.  For
detailed descriptions of the PDOs, please click here to view the PDO
Flyer
<https://webmail.um.umsystem.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.mi
d-air.org/images/pdo.pdf> . Please keep in mind that the PDO's are
limited to a certain number of participants. 
 
 Building an Institutional Balanced Scorecard: Identifying the Measures,
Benchmarks and Displays to Meet Users' Needs - Jan W. Lyddon, Ph.D.,
Executive Vice President of Research and Institutional Effectiveness,
San Jacinto College, Pasadena, Texas and Bruce E. McComb, Organizational
Effectiveness Consultant, Pasadena, TX 
Introduction to SPSS: Real Stats. Real Easy - Ray Bacon, User Support
Analyst-Expert, University of Missouri-Columbia 
Driving Report Generation: Saving Time with Excel Macros - Rick Shoup,
Indiana University at Bloomington and Shimon Sarraf, Indiana University
at Bloomington 
Pragmatic Assessment - John Spencer, Director of Assessment, University
of Missouri-Columbia and Tim Parshall, Associate Director, Assessment
Resource Center, University of Missouri-Columbia 
Academic Quality Work: Implementing Effective Program Audits - William
F. Massy, Professor Emeritus, Stanford University, and President,
Jackson Hole Higher Education Group, Inc., Steven W. Graham, Interim
Vice President for Academic Affairs, University of Missouri and Paula
Myrick Short, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Tennessee Board of
Regents 
The Automated Office: Using SPSS Macros to Drive Productivity - Shimon
Sarraf, Indiana University at Bloomington and Rick Shoup, Indiana
University at Bloomington 
IPEDS Data Retrieval - Advanced: Dataset Cutting Tool and Data Analysis
System - Soon Merz, Associate Vice President for Institutional
Effectiveness and Accountability, Austin Community College and Laura
Tyree, Director of Research and Analysis, Oklahoma State Regents for
Higher Education 
We look forward to seeing everyone in St. Louis.  Please let me know if
you have any questions.
 
Kathy Schmidtke Felts
Associate Analyst, Institutional Research
University of Missouri-Columbia
716 Lewis Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
(573) 882-4078
fax (573) 884-5545
[email-masked]
 
Links:
Proposal Submission    http://www.mid-air.org/page.asp?page=1660
<https://webmail.um.umsystem.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.mi
d-air.org/page.asp?page=1660>  
PDO Flyer         http://www.mid-air.org/images/pdo.pdf
<https://webmail.um.umsystem.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.mi
d-air.org/images/pdo.pdf>  
Conference and PDO Registration
https://secure.airweb3.org/midair/?page=2314
<https://webmail.um.umsystem.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://secur
e.airweb3.org/midair/?page=2314>  
MidAIR Conference webpage  http://www.mid-air.org/page.asp?page=506
<https://webmail.um.umsystem.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.mi
d-air.org/page.asp?page=506>  
Crowne Plaza room reservations
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/cwshome/DPRD-75UPP6/STLCM
<https://webmail.um.umsystem.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.ic
hotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/cwshome/DPRD-75UPP6/STLCM>