Subject: [OKAIR] for 2 year schools Achieving the Dream

From: "Billen, Isabelle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:34:21 -0500

For those of you who want more information on Achieving the Dream,
please visit 

http://achievingthedream.org/

It is a multiyear initiative to help 2 year colleges learn how to help
more students succeed and overcome the barriers that are keeping them
from progressing.  When you are a part of Achieving the Dream you focus
on the use of data to determine where students are having problems and
find programs and interventions can improve student success.  The
initiative also helps colleges determine if policy changes need to be
made to remove barriers and provide more support to students.

Many of the states involved have been supported by grants from the
Lumina foundation and other foundations.  In Oklahoma 3 colleges, Rose
State College, Tulsa Community College and Oklahoma City Community
College we the pilot group and were self-funded.  The state regents
assisted with some of the funding.  We have been involved since 2007.
With membership you get a team coach and a data facilitator.  They visit
your campus and help you along the way.

When we joined it was a five year commitment with options to continue
the affiliation after year 5, which we are doing.  Achieving the Dream
works with partners to build a data warehouse which you send your data
to once a year.  They then provide tools for you to analyze your data
and compare to other institutions.

Each February there is a conference where all of the participating
colleges come together to share information.  There are many valuable
sessions at the conference.

I'm not sure how much funding the State Regents will provide for
colleges as they come into the project.  Debra Stuart at the State
Regents is the Oklahoma Policy person.  

If you are interested Debra Stuart will be happy to give you more
information.  [email-masked]

 

****************************************************************

Isabelle Billen | Associate VP for Information Technology | Rose State
College 

I.T. Services  | 405.733.7356

mailto:[email-masked]