Subject: [OKAIRP] FW: Brain Gain

From: "Tyree, Laura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 08:45:06 -0500

The following is the e-mail regarding Brain Gain that has been sent to
the Presidents, and it is being sent to you as an FYI.  Please contact
Dr. Jim Purcell at 405.225.9176 or [email-masked] if you have
questions.
 
Laura Tyree 
Director of Research and Analysis/State IPEDS Coordinator 
Strategic Planning and Analysis 
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education 
Phone:  (405) 225-9164 
FAX:  (405) 225-9230 
E-mail:  [email-masked] 

This communication and attachments, if any, are intended for the use of
the addressee hereof.  In addition, this message and attachments, if
any, may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading,
disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using
this information.  If you have received this communication in error,
please promptly notify the sender and immediately delete this
communication from your system.

________________________________

From: Risser, Paul 
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:49 AM
To: Presidents
Cc: Purcell, James; Stuart, Debra
Subject: 

Dear Presidents:

I recognize that everyone is fully occupied with the legislature today,
but as Brain Gain Performance Funding begins a new cycle for the FY 2007
allocations, I would like to give you an overview of the process and ask
for your selections of the two FY07 performance measures that will be
specific to your institution.  

Calculation procedures will remain the same as those used for FY06 Brain
Gain Performance Funding:

*      Credit for number of degrees earned (25%) will be based on
whether an institution meets its target (based on the Oklahoma tier
benchmark for the number of degrees per fte).  One-half credit is
awarded to institutions that do not meet the target but still show
improvement.

*      Full credit for the retention and graduation rate measures (30%
and 25%, respectively) will be awarded if the institution (1) reaches it
own 2010 target (established last year during the peer institution
selection process) or (2) shows improvement for the last two years
compared to the previous three.

*      Credit for the two institution-specific measures (10% each) will
be awarded if the institution meets its target.  As in the past,
institutions may choose retention or graduation rates for a subset of
their student population or other Brain Gain-appropriate criteria for
their two measures.  To assist in this selection process, retention and
graduation tables for some subpopulations are available on the Brain
Gain Working Papers website
(http://sysres.osrhe.edu/%7Ejpurcell/Braingainweb/braingainworkingpapers
.htm).  

Please send your institution-specific measures, with corresponding
targets and your performance data, to Jim Purcell, Associate Vice
Chancellor for Strategic Planning and Analysis, at [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>  by Friday, June 10, 2006.  Brain Gain will
be an agenda item for the June 29th State Regents' meeting. 

If there are any questions, please contact Dr. Purcell (at the email
address above or by phone at 405-225-9176).  

Thanks, 

   Paul

Dr. Paul G. Risser, Chancellor 
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education 
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200 
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104 
Phone: 405.225.9120 
Fax: 405.225.9235 
mailto:[email-masked] <blocked::mailto:[email-masked]>