Subject: [OKAIR] For the 2 year schools

From: "Billen, Isabelle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:20:20 -0500

Are any of you interested in being a part of Achieving the Dream?  Would
you be interested if the State Regents could help with some of the
funding?  

****************************************************************

Isabelle Billen | Associate VP for Information Technology | Rose State
College 

I.T. Services  | 405.733.7356

mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 08:22:26 -0500

Hello All,

I have two questions about the Common Data Set:

1) For those of you who generate a Common Data Set each year, what date do
you use for your enrollments? Since Fall enrollments and cohorts are what
are requested and many surveys have Fall deadlines, preliminary numbers
would be the only ones we have available at that time, as our official
census numbers reflect our end-of-term UDS numbers sent to OSRHE.Yet, if we
submit preliminary numbers, then our CDS enrollments will not match what is
submitted to IPEDS (which is based on the UDS numbers). I'm curious about
how other institutions handle this issue.

2) How many other two-year colleges complete the CDS?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

---

From: Lynn Boyce <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:55:45 -0500

We use official census date numbers, which for us is the end of add/drop, or
two weeks after the beginning of the trimester.  "Official numbers" wouldn't
be generated until we send our UDS file sometime in January, and many
surveys have deadlines before then.  I believe most surveys call for numbers
generated before or by Oct. 15, don't they?

Lynn

J. Lynn Boyce

Vice President for Information Services and Technology 

University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma

 <http://www.usao.edu> http://www.usao.edu

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

1727 W. Alabama

Chickasha, OK 73018

405.224.3140 (voice)

405.574.1220 (fax)

Treasurer (2006 - 2012)

Oklahoma Association of Institutional Research (OKAIR)

 <http://www.okairp.org> http://www.okairp.org

Information Services will never ask for your password.   Never email your
password to anyone!

The University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma is the state's public liberal
arts college. Its mission is to provide the public with a distinctive and
accessible liberal arts and sciences education. In combining an
interdisciplinary core curriculum with superior instruction in major fields
of study, USAO aims to provide a thorough education that prepares students
for meaningful, purposeful lives.

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OKAIR] Questions about Common Data Set

Hello All,

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

---

From: "John, Kristi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:01:28 -0500

Lynn, all of our surveys with deadlines during the term are completed
with census numbers, being the end of drop/add for us as well. And yes,
that October 15 date is all over IPEDS, which forces us to use census
data on some things that have to be completed during the fall term. I do
not know much about Common Data Set,  so I did not feel comfortable
answering the original question, but I can agree to your statements.   

Kristi John

  <http://www.osuokc.edu/> 

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lynn Boyce
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:56 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [OKAIR] Questions about Common Data Set

We use official census date numbers, which for us is the end of
add/drop, or two weeks after the beginning of the trimester.  "Official
numbers" wouldn't be generated until we send our UDS file sometime in
January, and many surveys have deadlines before then.  I believe most
surveys call for numbers generated before or by Oct. 15, don't they?

Lynn

J. Lynn Boyce

http://www.usao.edu

[email-masked]

1727 W. Alabama

Chickasha, OK 73018

405.224.3140 (voice)

405.574.1220 (fax)

Treasurer (2006 - 2012)

http://www.okairp.org

Information Services will never ask for your password.   Never email
your password to anyone!

The University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma is the state's public
liberal arts college. Its mission is to provide the public with a
distinctive and accessible liberal arts and sciences education. In
combining an interdisciplinary core curriculum with superior instruction
in major fields of study, USAO aims to provide a thorough education that
prepares students for meaningful, purposeful lives.

[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]

Hello All,

1) For those of you who generate a Common Data Set each year, what date
do you use for your enrollments? Since Fall enrollments and cohorts are
what are requested and many surveys have Fall deadlines, preliminary
numbers would be the only ones we have available at that time, as our
official census numbers reflect our end-of-term UDS numbers sent to
OSRHE.Yet, if we submit preliminary numbers, then our CDS enrollments
will not match what is submitted to IPEDS (which is based on the UDS
numbers). I'm curious about how other institutions handle this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

---

From: Hala Khoury <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:13:11 -0500

I am working on creating a dashboard for Langston University, Does anyone
know of a class or any education opportunity that might help me with this
project?

Thank you,

Hala Khoury

Director of Institutional Research and Planning

Langston University

(405) 466-6012

---

From: Mary Millikin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:44:32 -0500

Hala,

The Association of Institutional Research hosts pre-conference workshops each year at its annual conference.  Because the most recent conference was held in June, I'm sure you won't want to wait until next year to learn more.  Here is a URL that summarizes uses and ideas for college and university dashboards.
http://www.airweb.org/EducationAndEvents/Publications/Documents/123.pdf

I would be interesting to see presentations of dashboards at the fall OKAIR conference.

Mary

Mary A. Millikin, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice President for Accountability and Academics
Rogers State University
918-343-7605
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Hala Khoury
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 11:13 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OKAIR] Dashboard

I am working on creating a dashboard for Langston University, Does anyone know of a class or any education opportunity that might help me with this project?

Thank you,

Hala Khoury