Subject: [OKAIR] Friday's OKAIR Conference...

From: Lynn Boyce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:38:45 -0500

Good morning!

Just a reminder that today is the last day to pre-register for Friday's
conference with the discounted rate.  This will be an interesting
conference.please see the agenda below.

FALL 2011 CONFERENCE AGENDA

9:00am - 9:20am Registration, continental breakfast

9:20am - 9:30am Welcome from Oklahoma City University Provost Dr. Susan
Barber

9:30am - 10:30am "What Happens in my IR Office"

OKAIR Board & audience members

Board members and audience members will discuss how their offices 

manage the work flow, as there are many responsibilities that each 

office has and those responsibilities often differ from campus to 

campus.

10:30am - 10:45am Morning Break

10:45am - 11:35am "Accessing 2010 Census and American Community Survey Data"

Cindy Boling & Dr. Cynthia Murray - University of Central Oklahoma

The Office of Institutional Research at the University of Central 

Oklahoma tracks retention, continuation and graduation rates for a 

number of populations, including the Student Right to Know (SRTK) 

cohort.  For many cohorts, we track students through ten years.  Our 

office is asked to compare retention initiative, but the SRTK cohort is 

often not a good comparison.  UCO is one of 19 institutions chosen to 

beta test the Student Learning Progress model developed by the 

University of Alaska Anchorage.  This paper will cover the background 

of the project at UCO and discuss the initial set of reports, reactions to 

the new methodology, and the next steps in the process.  The Student 

Learning Progress model looks at all incoming students and includes a 

Successful Learning Rate to track learning progress.

11:45am - 12:45pm Lunch, Business Meeting, and Elections

1:00pm - 1:50pm "Extending the Assessment Process beyond Academic Units"

Dr. Karla Oty & Mr. Zeak Naifeh - Cameron University

This presentation will focus on extending an outcomes based 

assessment process to non-instructional units.  We will address the 

following topics: (1) current processes used by Cameron University; (2) 

issues faces by non-instructional units in the beginning stages of 

assessment; (3) examples of outcomes - mainly from Student Activities and
Enrollment Management; and (4) educating faculty about working 

with non-instructional units.

1:50pm - 2:00pm Afternoon Break

2:00pm - 3:00pm "CCA Database Update" 

Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education panel

An update from the State Regents Office regarding the Complete 

College America program  that has been a topic of interest at the State 

government level.

3:00pm - 3:15pm Conference Wrap-up and Evaluations

Hope to see you there!!

Lynn

J. Lynn Boyce

Vice President for Information Services and Technology 

University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma

 <http://www.usao.edu> http://www.usao.edu

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

1727 W. Alabama

Chickasha, OK 73018

405.224.3140 (voice)

405.574.1220 (fax)

Treasurer (2006 - 2012)

Oklahoma Association of Institutional Research (OKAIR)

 <http://www.okairp.org> http://www.okairp.org

Information Services will never ask for your password.   Never email your
password to anyone!

The University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma is the state's public liberal
arts college. Its mission is to provide the public with a distinctive and
accessible liberal arts and sciences education. In combining an
interdisciplinary core curriculum with superior instruction in major fields
of study, USAO aims to provide a thorough education that prepares students
for meaningful, purposeful lives.