Subject: [OKAIRP] Call for 2009 IPEDS Instructors

From: "Stewart, Sheilynda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:38:00 -0500

Dear OKAIRP members,
 
    The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) is currently
looking for Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2009
instructors!  If you are interested, please review the information below
and feel free to contact Gail Fishman by April 20, 2009 at 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  or 850-385-4155,
extension 108 if you have questions or need more information:
 
________________________________________________________________________
_____________
 
Are you experienced in providing and/or using Integrated Postsecondary
Education Data System (IPEDS) data? Do you want to lead your colleagues
through a brand new curriculum designed to take a holistic view of IPEDS
tasks? If so, this unique professional development opportunity is for
you!

AIR is currently looking for instructors who have excellent presentation
skills, can travel with an overnight stay one or two times a year, and
agree to participate for one year (may reapply in future years). 

The 2009 curriculum takes a broad view of IPEDS data in order to assure
the quality of IPEDS data and to improve the skills of institutional
researchers for using these data. The 2009 curriculum is based on three
themes: Leading (Managing) an IPEDS Cycle; Using IPEDS Data for
Institutional Effectiveness; and IPEDS Data as the Public Face of an
Institution. One to three modules for each theme take a holistic view of
IPEDS tasks such as understanding the collection process, leading an
IPEDS cycle on campus, involving other stakeholders, assuring that data
requirements and definitions are understood, creating various data
reports, and recognizing the varied needs of data consumers for
institutional improvement. 

Please visit http://www.airweb.org/?page=1904
<http://www.airweb.org/?page=1904>  to learn more and follow the link at
the bottom of the page for an application. Submit your application to 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  by April 20, 2009. All
applications will be reviewed and notifications will be sent by May 5.
Contact Gail Fishman at [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
or 850-385-4155 x108 with questions. 

The IPEDS instructor program is part of a comprehensive training package
coordinated by AIR and funded by the National Center for Education
Statistics (NCES). AIR annually provides 20 or more one-day face-to-face
workshops, produces more than 25 online videos, and creates downloadable
materials for each survey collection component and tools applicable to
IPEDS.

Gail Fishman

Associate Director

Association for Institutional Research

[email-masked]

Direct line: 850-385-4155 x108

FAX: 850-385-5180 385-5180  385-5180

________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________

Sheilynda Stewart, M.B.A.
President, Oklahoma Association for Institutional 
Research and Planning
 
Software Development Project Manager
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
Strategic Planning and Analysis
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
Phone:  (405) 225-9288
Email:   [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:09:56 -0500

I hope Cal Easterling from ORU volunteers. He's excellent!

Mary A. Millikin, Ph.D. 
Director of Planning and Institutional Research
TCC Conference Center
6111 East Skelly Drive
Tulsa, OK   74135-6198
(918) 595-7924  Office   (918)  595-7988 FAX

"Stewart, Sheilynda" <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
04/16/2009 10:38 AM

To
[email-masked]
cc
Gail Fishman <[email-masked]>
Subject
[OKAIRP] Call for 2009 IPEDS Instructors

Dear OKAIRP members,
 
    The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) is currently looking 
for Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2009 
instructors!  If you are interested, please review the information below 
and feel free to contact Gail Fishman by April 20, 2009 at 
[email-masked] or 850-385-4155, extension 108 if you have questions 
or need more information:
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Are you experienced in providing and/or using Integrated Postsecondary 
Education Data System (IPEDS) data? Do you want to lead your colleagues 
through a brand new curriculum designed to take a holistic view of IPEDS 
tasks? If so, this unique professional development opportunity is for you!

IPEDS tasks such as understanding the collection process, leading an IPEDS 
cycle on campus, involving other stakeholders, assuring that data 
 
Please visit http://www.airweb.org/?page=1904 to learn more and follow the 
link at the bottom of the page for an application. Submit your application 
to [email-masked] by April 20, 2009. All applications will be 
reviewed and notifications will be sent by May 5. Contact Gail Fishman at 
[email-masked] or 850-385-4155 x108 with questions. 

Gail Fishman
Associate Director
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 
 
Email:   [email-masked]
 
 _______________________________________________
OKAIRP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.onenet.net/mailman/listinfo/okairp