Subject: [OKAIR] OK-AIR Fall Conference - Call for Proposals - With Attached Forms

From: "Eastwood, Matthew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:03:43 +0000

Hello all and congrats on beginning another fall semester,

Notes from the Board:

It's that time of year again. Campuses are full of life; we're all finding ourselves busier and busier and the fall OKAIR
conference is just around the corner again! We would like to thank everyone who contributed to the spring 2013
OK-AIR conference held at Northeastern Oklahoma State University - Broken Arrow. Our attendees, presenters and
notably our gracious conference hosts deserve a big thank you. Despite some traffic issues, we had an outstanding
turnout, some great presentations and discussions, and the conference was very well reviewed.

The fall 2013 conference will be hosted by Oklahoma City Community College on October 25th, 2013. Details
on the conference are now available at OK-AIR.org. We had lots of new faces at our most recent conference and we are
looking forward to seeing everyone again this fall. OKAIR conferences are great opportunities for networking as well as
professional development. We would like to create a friendly and informal tone at the conference this fall, so please
consider submitting a proposal for presentation and share your victories, insights and concerns. See you soon!

- Matthew Eastwood
Call for Proposals:

The Oklahoma Association for Institutional Research (OK-AIR) invites interested parties to submit one or more
proposals for presentation at the fall 2013 Conference. The theme for this fall will be the 'Quants and the Quals'. We'd
like to have an afternoon of break-out sessions that deals with the variety topics these two concepts present for all of us.
So any submitted proposal will be greatly appreciated. Additionally, we will be having the State Regents provide the
group with major software updates they will be rolling out very soon, as well as a potential HLC keynote speaker on new
Pathways requirements during the morning.  This is a topic with lots of importance to most all of our members.

With broad based themes for this fall's conference, please feel free to submit a proposal on any topic that would
be of interest to higher education professionals working in research, assessment, planning or any of the wide variety of
functions that our attendees have gained experience. We are a small and informal group of academic professionals and
can gain much from each other's perspectives. So even if you would like to submit a proposal to simply lead a group
discussion on a topic important to you or your college, please do not hesitate to do so. It will be well received and
appreciated by those in similar positions. Proposals will be due by Friday, September 20th. To submit a proposal,
please fill out the attached Word document and submit the proposal to:

Matthew Eastwood, OK-AIR President
                     [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
                             (405) 682-1611 Ext. 7165 or (405) 830-2712

Topics and Suggestions as Provided by Our Members:

Recent written and email feedback regarding potential topics that are of interest include:

- HLC Pathways (Lots of Feedback on This Issue)
- UDS Issues (OSHRE Overview and Potential Issues)
- Increasing online survey response rates
- Basic statistics overview
- Tracking Graduates' Success (Data Collection and Measuring Success)
- Academic and Non-Academic Assessment
- Issues in Online Education
- Established Best Practices of IR Offices
- Utilizing Spreadsheets and other Related Software
- How to Measure Student Success
- ANY TOPIC OF RELEVANCE TO OKLAHOMA COLLEGES

Individuals whose proposals have been accepted for presentation at the conference will be notified via email
and/or telephone no later than September 23rd and will be eligible to receive the early bird registration rate. Questions
about proposals or presentations may be directed to Matthew Eastwood at [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>.

Please check the OKAIR website (www.ok-air.org<http://www.ok-air.org>) for more fall 2013 conference information
details and registration announcements!

Matthew Eastwood, Institutional Research Analyst
Office of Institutional Effectiveness
Oklahoma City Community College
7777 South May Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73159

Email:  [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Phone:  (405) 682-1611 Ext. 7165

A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation.   - Cicero