[Okgrantsmanship] Finance Question?

Blankenship, Anita anita.blankenship at swosu.edu
Tue Apr 15 15:00:34 CDT 2008

The answer is IT DEPENDS.  (I guess you knew that was coming-only
kidding).

SWOSU's experience:

Many if not most Federal grants utilize drawdown funding with reporting
on a scheduled basis such as quarterly, etc.

Most of the state agencies we have dealt with are on a reimbursement
basis.

Subawards are usually on a reimbursement basis.

Foundations many times, if not most of the time, provide the funding up
front.

Private or business can be any way agreed upon.

Anita Blankenship

Director, Office of Sponsored Programs

    & Continuing Education

Southwestern Oklahoma State University