[Okgrantsmanship] For Chemistry Faculty Members

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Tue Feb 23 16:17:51 CST 2010

The best way to learn about effective grant writing is to become a
proposal reviewer!

NSF 10-022
Dear Colleague Letter: Urgent Request - Proposal Reviews

February 18, 2010

URGENT REQUEST - PROPOSAL REVIEWS

Dear Colleagues:

To carry-out the mission of the Division of Chemistry and the National
Science Foundation as a whole, we rely on the experience and up-to-date
knowledge of reviewers from the academic, industrial, and government
sectors as a critical component of the evaluation process. We very much
appreciate the time and effort of everyone who willingly serves as mail
reviewers, panelists, or both.

Unfortunately, there is now a very low response rate to Division of
Chemistry proposal review requests. If we are to maintain the
effectiveness of the peer review process, the Division of Chemistry
needs your active participation in the process.

Participation in the peer review process now and in the future will
continue to be a critical aspect for assessing the quality of the
science supported by NSF and other agencies. If you are contacted to
review a proposal, we hope that you make every possible effort to
respond to the request.

Sincerely,

Dr. Luis Echegoyen,
Director Division of Chemistry
National Science Foundation

Linda Mason, Ed.D.

Coordinator for Grant Writing and External Funding

lmason at osrhe.edu

IP: 164.58.250.178