[Okgrantsmanship] Quest Bridge

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Thu Sep 1 10:15:46 CDT 2011

Has anyone heard of Quest Bridge?

Linda Mason, Ed.D.

Coordinator of Grant Writing Assistance

405-225-9230 FAX

lmason at osrhe.edu

www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/

From: Brown, Cynthia (OSRHE)
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 10:13 AM
To: Academic Distribution List; Mickel, Natasha; McCullar, Alicia;
Gear-Up
Subject: Quest Bridge

A counselor called asking if I had heard of Quest Bridge.  I haven't so
I'm tapping ya'll.

Apparently it is a scholarship service that takes the information of low
income students and matches them with high-powered schools, i.e.,
Harvard etc.  If there is a match then it is a contract similar to Early
Decision.

Counselor is skeptical as he finds little info and has never heard of
them.

Anyone???

Thanks,

Cindy

Cynthia Brown, Ed.D.

Director of Student Preparation

"What if we had fail-safe schools that treated the failure of a single
child as equally tragic as a nuclear meltdown, chemical spill, or an
airplane crash?"

"Three Musts for Bolstering Student Achievement" by Vicki Urquhart in
Changing Schools, Summer 2008 (Vol. 58, p. 1-2)