[Okgrantsmanship] Grant Resource Center

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Mon Aug 27 12:41:21 CDT 2012

Okay, that will be good.

Linda Mason, Ed.D.
Coordinator of Grant Writing
405-225-9486 desk
405-706-8757 cell
405-225-9230 FAX
lmason at osrhe.edu
www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/

From: okgrantsmanship-bounces at lists.onenet.net [mailto:okgrantsmanship-bounces at lists.onenet.net] On Behalf Of Chowning, Karolyn
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 3:41 PM
To: Oklahoma regional university administrators and faculty about grantsmanship
Subject: Re: [Okgrantsmanship] Grant Resource Center

Hi Linda,

I would be happy to serve in the second capacity providing specific grant resource education about US Department of Education grants from the office of Student Service.

Karolyn Chowning

My resources are:

-          Access to online and in-person training from the Council for Opportunity in Education as institutional member (while I am asked not to directly share training materials with persons who are not institutional members and/or pay to attend specific grant or program trainings, I am happy to visit by phone or video with anyone who would benefit from TRiO program development training or proposal writing training.)

-          Experience preparing two 65 page FY2012 TRiO grant program proposals, one written for a new program (funding unknown) and one written for the renewal of an existing program (funded at $310,622 per year for five years)

-          Practical experience working with the authorizing legislation and guiding regulations for the TRiO Upward Bound and TRiO Student Support Services programs and attending professional development specifically for TRiO programs

I think this is an admirable effort and would be interested in taking advantage of the other two capacities - I just haven't been around grants long enough to feel competent serving in the other roles. If anyone is thinking of preparing a proposal for one of the seven TRiO programs, which are on five-year grant cycles, or possibly related programs like GEAR UP, I am happy to help, read, suggest, give ideas or ways programs meet specific objectives, where data for the program need can be collected, etc., and connect them with others in Oklahoma who might also be of service.

I have limited availability during our Upward Bound summer academy in June and July.

Thanks,
Karolyn

Karolyn Chowning
Director, TRiO Grant Programs