[Okgrantsmanship] Is your institution involved in crowdfunding?

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Mon Jul 2 11:00:35 CDT 2012

This model may be of use for you at some point if faculty decide to use crowdfunding.

Linda Mason, Ed.D.

Coordinator of Grant Writing

405-225-9486 desk

405-706-8757 cell

405-225-9230 FAX

lmason at osrhe.edu

www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/

UCSB has had a few very small crowdfunding projects - less than $5000 each.  The Office of Research has thus far determined that these are not grants, and the funds have come to campus via our Development Office as gifts, where they are assessed a small gift tax, and then deposited into an account for the PI's research.  We are in the process of creating guidelines for our PIs who want to engage in crowd funding, anticipating that it may become a larger source of research funding in the near future, with more complex issues involved.  I would be happy to share the guidelines with you once they are completed toward the end of the summer.

And for those of you still waiting for the crowdfunding webinar presentation to be posted it is coming soon!
Thanks,
Barbara Walker