[Okgrantsmanship] New website for data

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Wed Jun 27 09:25:40 CDT 2012

Here is a new website that may provide good information for grant
proposals.

State Chamber creates website

The Journal Record   6/26/2012

OKLAHOMA CITY - The State Chamber Research Foundation has created a
website - OklahomaScorecard.com - as a clearinghouse of research on the
Oklahoma economy. OklahomaScorecard will also be a publishing platform
for articles about empirical research findings.

"Oklahoma weathered the national recession better than most of the rest
of the country," said Fred Morgan, president and CEO of The State
Chamber of Oklahoma. "But, until we do a better job advertising our
success with quality research focused on the state of Oklahoma's
economy, we will continue to miss opportunities as companies use
national economic forecasts to determine whether they will invest in our
state." The State Chamber Research Foundation intends to use this data
to help create pro-business economic policy that The State Chamber can
encourage lawmakers to consider and pass into law.

"We envision that our foundation will actually research and produce
model pro-business legislation that helps move Oklahoma forward," said
Chad Warmington, State Chamber chief operating officer. "In a time when
legislative budgets are being cut, the staff on hand at the Legislature
has less time and expertise to develop proactive solutions for
Oklahoma's pressing issues. The State Chamber Foundation will research,
develop and write legislation, and then track the effects of that
legislation after it becomes law."

OklahomaScorecard.com was also developed as a tool for site selectors
and out-of-state businesses. The primary research on
OklahomaScorecard.com will be based on telephone interviews conducted by
the independent polling firm SoonerPoll.com. The research will mostly be
focused on consumer sentiment, but will also cover employment trends and
a range of other issues

Linda Mason, Ed.D.

Coordinator of Grant Writing

405-225-9486 desk