[Okgrantsmanship] NSF Guidance regarding potential government shutdown

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Mon Sep 30 11:30:09 CDT 2013

Dear Colleagues:

The attached document addresses the various assistance and contract-related policy and systems issues that may arise in the event of a shutdown of the Federal Government.  NSF is providing this information as a service to our proposer and awardee communities in the hopes that it will address most of the questions you may have during this time period.

If the government does shutdown on Tuesday, October 1, the NSF website including FastLane and Research.gov will be unavailable.  We are therefore requesting that you disseminate this guidance as broadly as possible to ensure your colleagues are aware of the impact of a government shutdown on NSF proposals, awards and contracts.

Please be aware that, except as noted, NSF will not be available to respond to emails or phone calls during the shutdown, but will respond to your inquiries as soon as practicable after normal operations have resumed.  We also will issue follow-on guidance once the Federal Government resumes normal operations.

Sincerely,

Jean Feldman
Head, Policy Office
Division of Institution & Award Support