[Okgrantsmanship] REGISTER TODAY - 5th Annual Undergraduate Research Conference - September 26, 2014

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Tue Sep 2 12:29:09 CDT 2014

5th ANNUAL PROMOTING UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH CONFERENCE

PROMOTING UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH MODELS AT EVERY LEVEL:
INQUIRY, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, ASSESSMENT AND RETENTION

September 26, 2014 | Presbyterian Health Conference Center
Register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014ugr

8:00-

Lobby

Registration and Continental Breakfast (Provided)

8:30-8:45

Symposium

Welcome | Dr. Blake Sonobe, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (OSRHE)

8:45-9:00

Symposium

Update | Oklahoma Journal of Undergraduate Research

LOOKING OUT - Engaging Communities and Corporations

9:00-10:00

Symposium

Concurrent Session 1 |

Kiva

Concurrent Session 2 |

10:00-10:15

Lobby

Break | Poster Browsing Session

LOOKING IN - Measuring Outcomes

10:15-11:45

Symposium

Concurrent Session 3 |

Kiva

Concurrent Session 4 |

11:45-1:00

Lobby

Lunch (Provided) | Dr. Elizabeth Ambos, Executive Officer, Council on Undergraduate Research

1:00-2:00

Symposium

Mentoring Workshop 1 | Getting Started
Workshop participants will discuss strategies for establishing a good relationship, designing a research project, setting expectations and maintaining effective communication.
Moderator: Tim O'Neil (OSU)

2:00-3:00

Symposium

Student Panel | Undergraduates from across the state will share their experiences with research.
Moderator: Tony Wohlers (CU)

3:00-3:15

Lobby

Break | Poster Browsing Session

3:15-4:00

Symposium

Mentoring Workshop 2 | Handling Challenges
Workshop participants will discuss the elements of effective mentorship, handling challenges, dealing with ethics, assessing understanding, and fostering independence.
Moderator: Tim O'Neil (OSU)

4:00-4:15

Symposium

Undergraduate Research Program Spotlight Award | Chancellor Glen D. Johnson (OSRHE)

4:15-4:30

Symposium

Closing and Evaluation | Dr. Linda Mason (OSRHE)

Dr. Linda Mason
Coordinator of Grant Writing
405-225-9486 desk
405-706-8757 cell
405-225-9230 FAX
lmason at osrhe.edu<mailto:lmason at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/<http://www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/>

Do not be afraid to give your time to writing grant proposals. Time given to planning proposals is never time lost, but is rather time gained, so that our research, our programs, our collaborations and indeed our whole profession may become more profoundly significant.