[Okgrantsmanship] Fulbright Student Exchange Program

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Tue Jan 13 11:13:01 CST 2015

Please share this with faculty members who may recruit students to attend the special session on Fulbright Student programs at the OSU Research Week on February 18. The session is free, and students and faculty mentors may be inspired and empowered to apply.

Dr. Linda Mason
Coordinator of Grant Writing
405-225-9486 desk
405-706-8757 cell
405-225-9230 FAX
lmason at osrhe.edu<mailto:lmason at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/<http://www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/>

Focus on Fulbright<http://www.researchweek.okstate.edu/events/focus-on-fulbright>
Wed, February 18 2015 - 4:00 pm
112 Classroom Building
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program is the largest U.S. exchange program offering opportunities for students and young professionals to undertake international graduate study, advanced research, university teaching, and primary and secondary school teaching worldwide.  The grants were created shortly after World War II by Senator J. William Fulbright of Arkansas to promote "mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries of the world." Since then thousands of students, teachers, scholars and professionals have worked in more than 140 countries. The Fulbright Program remains one of the most successful U.S. initiatives to foster global understanding.  The session is intended for undergraduate and graduate students interested in Fulbright grants to fund research and study or English teaching abroad. Attendees will learn about the application process for Fulbright U.S. Student grant program that provides up to a year of funding for travel, insurance and living costs in countries around the world. Presented by Ms. Kara Cummings, the session takes place Wednesday, February 18th at 4:00pm in CLB 112.

Do not be afraid to give your time to writing grant proposals. Time given to planning proposals is never time lost, but is rather time gained, so that our research, our programs, our collaborations and indeed our whole profession may become more profoundly significant.