[Okgrantsmanship] CGR Meeting and Grant Announcements

Fisher, Christine cfisher at osrhe.edu
Mon Dec 20 16:20:20 CST 2021

Hello Everyone,

It was such a pleasure to meet so many of you in person this past Friday in Broken Arrow!  I'm sure all who attended would agree that Susan and the NSU team put together a lovely event to reconnect CGR members, complete with a bit of swag and a poinsettia!

Thank you for welcoming me and for contributing to the lively discussion around effort reporting, additional pay, and how Covid has affected your work environments and styles.  It was very enlightening to see both the similarities and the differences across the state.

For any who were not able to attend, one of the things I brought up was to please let me know if you are interested in helping me with a CGR website update<https://www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/cgr/> in 2022.  I'd love to hear your ideas on how to make this page as useful a resource as possible.  I'll start by compiling and posting discussion notes from the meeting (as well as Susan's reporting template) in case any of you need them for reference in policy discussions with your respective universities.

I'd also like to hear any ideas about topics for brown bag sessions throughout the year.  If you are interested in conducting a session or know someone who would be, please let me know.  For now, these would be conducted via zoom.

Following the release of the related RFP, I'm planning to hold a zoom information session on January 27, 9-10 am, for the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) State Opioid Response Grant.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://onenet.zoom.us/j/98383823197?pwd=dHY2MVRFSkN2VGM4ekp6bWNrN1Y5Zz09
Meeting ID: 983 8382 3197
Passcode: 361943

Last, but not least, please see opportunities below and pass on as appropriate:

  1.  Women in IT Networking at Supercomputing Conference (WINS) Program

Women in IT Networking at SC (WINS) program is now accepting applications for the 2022 program.  Since 2015, the WINS program has provided an immersive "hands-on" mentorship opportunity for early- to mid-career women in the IT field who are selected to participate in the ground-up construction of SCinet, one of the fastest and most advanced computer networks in the world<https://sc21.supercomputing.org/scinet/>, built annually for the Supercomputing Conference (SC) to be held in Dallas, TX  in 2022.

The program collaborates with SCinet committee leadership to match each awardee with a SCinet team and a mentor; offers travel funding for awardees; and provides ongoing support and career development opportunities for the awardees before, during, and after the conference.

Interested and qualified women are encouraged to apply. WINS strives to have diverse representation of organizations and applicant backgrounds in the cohort each year. In order to further broaden the diversity within the WINS program itself, preference this year will be given to applicants who are historically underrepresented in the Information Technology field, including Black or African-American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Hispanic or Latinx.

A PDF version of the Call for Participation is attached. We encourage you to distribute this information to your networks and contacts.   The application deadline is January 21, 2022 at 11:59pm AoE. You can access the application here: http://www.women-in-networking.net/apply-to-wins/

WINS is a joint effort between the Department of Energy's Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), the Keystone Initiative for Network Based Education and Research (KINBER), and the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) and works collaboratively with the SC program committee.

  1.  The Accelerate[ED] Grant Opportunity

Accelerate[ED]<https://nacep.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4db978532df4a66a47bb21c73&id=abebeaa0a3&e=024f03442e> is a grant opportunity launched by the Pathways team at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and will provide up to 12 cross-sector "Design Teams" with a $175,000 planning grant, technical assistance, and individualized coaching to develop large-scale strategies to expand pathway models in their region that start in 11th grade and lead to an associate degree by year 13 at no cost to students.

"Design Teams" will be comprised of cross-sector partnerships spanning K-12, higher education institutions, workforce actors at the city, county and state level, and community-based organizations. These teams, facilitated by a regional intermediary, will demonstrate a commitment to racial and socioeconomic equity in opportunity and outcomes for all students, use data to inform improvement, and have some prior experience implementing pathways models in their region. In particular, Gates is inviting responses from teams that have a focus on designing accessible career pathways that support accelerated credential attainment for Black and Latino students and students from low-income backgrounds.

Learn more about the opportunity at www.accelerate-ed.org<https://nacep.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4db978532df4a66a47bb21c73&id=87682cf9a4&e=024f03442e>, including the link to the informational webinar held on December 2.  Applications will be due January 21, 2022.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Christine Fisher
Coordinator of Grant Writing and External Funding Assistance
cfisher at osrhe.edu<mailto:cfisher at osrhe.edu>
P: 405-225-9265
www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/<http://www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/>
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5F860.453EF380]     [cid:image004.png at 01D5F860.453EF380]