[Coil-l] Dec. 3 FREE Virtual Event - Learning Objects in Action

Ruth Monnier rmonnier at pittstate.edu
Mon Nov 23 08:52:52 CST 2020

Learning Objects in Action: Highlights from the Spring 2020 Virtual Poster Session

Thursday, December 3, 2020 (11AM PT / 12PM MT / 1PM CT / 2PM ET)

Free Online Event - Virtual Library Instruction Mini-Presentations

>From accessibility to learning outcomes, Canvas LTI integrations to assessment, these topics are sure to be relevant and timely for anyone supporting online instruction this year. Whether you missed them the first time, or just want a refresher, join us for an encore presentation of four posters from the ACRL Distance & Online Learning Section’s Spring 2020 Virtual Poster Session! This one-hour synchronous event will feature 4 mini-presentations, followed by a Q&A with the presenters:

  *   Samantha Harlow and Rachel Olsen (University of North Carolina at Greensboro) - Creating new online research tutorials: Flexible skills & connecting to student learning outcomes

  *   Anders Tobiason (Portland State University) – Let’s tell a story: Using narrative to construct accessibility

  *   Natalie Haber (University of Tennessee Chattanooga) – Assessing the efficacy of the tutorial: In depth analysis of student source evaluations

  *   Lindsey Wharton and Michael Pritchard (Florida State University) – Three years together: Examining our libraries’ LTI integrations in Canvas

Attendance is Free! Register through ALA Events:

https://ala-events.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMqfumvpj0jHNBarmS0PXDzKPmcWO_FnkN0

Ruth Monnier, MLIS
she/her/hers
Learning Outreach Librarian and Assistant Professor
Leonard H. Axe Library
Pittsburg State University