[COPLAC-IR] NSSE & optional demographic question

Dorman, Laura Gransky lgran1 at uis.edu
Wed Sep 25 14:13:29 CDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

As Brian has noted earlier, I apologize for send this to the schools not doing NSSE this year.   For those administering NSSE . . . .

This year NSSE is offering an optional demographic question on sexual orientation.  I have pasted the actual wording of the question and details below.
Optional Demographic Question
Institutions may choose to include the following demographic question about sexual orientation: "Which of the following best describes your sexual orientation? [Heterosexual, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Questioning or unsure, I prefer not to respond]". The question will not appear on the survey unless an institution specifically adds it. Responses to the sexual orientation question (if your school opts to administer it) will be included in student-identified institutional data sets, per approved NSSE IRB protocol.
Can you tell me whether your institution is including this question this year?

Thanks,

Laura

Laura Dorman
University of Illinois at Springfield