[COPLAC-IR] : NSSE dilemna

Clune-Kneuer, Elizabeth eaclune at smcm.edu
Tue Sep 24 11:52:45 CDT 2013

Richard,

One thing to consider is talking with the NSSE staff about the additional
comparison group.  A few years ago, we wanted an additional comparison
group (more than the all, Carnegie class and the one one picked).  I think
for NSSE to conduct the additional analysis it was about a few hundred
dollars (under $500, but I think it was closer to $300).  The only real
limitation to that was that there had to be a certain number of institution
for them to run the analysis or you had to get permission to go below a
certain number of institution.

I haven't tried to register for the consortium yet, but hopefully this
might help with your decisions.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth A. Clune-Kneuer, M.Ed.
Associate Director of Institutional Research
St. Mary's College of Maryland
18952 E. Fisher Rd.
Glendening Hall 254
St. Mary's City, MD 20686