[COPLAC-IR] FW: NSSE 2014 Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges consortium item set

Lashley, Brian (Institutional Research) LashleyB at easternct.edu
Thu Jun 26 07:53:40 CDT 2014

Hi everyone,

You can delete this email if you didn't join the NSSE COPLAC consortium, even if you did NSSE on your own.  This regards the additional items that the consortium participants included, not the modules you may have done.

You might or might not remember hearing from me in February that there was a slight glitch with two of our additional items, where the response options were mistakenly changed to an agreement scale instead of a satisfaction scale.  No one panicked at that time, nor should they have.  It was a simple matter of alerting NSSE to fix the response options for those two questions, which they did.

The emails below are a recent dialogue between myself and the NSSE team.  Louis provides a pretty detailed accounting of the effect of the glitch, or lack thereof, on the two affected items.  I'll let you have a look and just let me and/or Louis know if you have any questions.

     Brian R. Lashley, Ph.D.
     Assistant Director of Inst. Res.
     Eastern Connecticut State Univ.

[PIR logo_20%_April 2014]