[COPLAC-IR] National Voting Study

Turrentine, Cathy cturrentine at keene.edu
Mon Apr 6 12:42:04 CDT 2015

Friends and Colleagues –

Last spring I encouraged you to sign up for the National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement, which is a grant-funded project out of Tufts University. Many of you did sign up, and I thank you. The reports we recently received were for the 2012 election. I have just spoken with Nancy Thomas, Tufts’ Director of the Center for Democracy and Higher Education. She said they will be running the next batch of data analyses about May 1, with reports to us  probably in June. These will show the percentage of our students who registered to vote and who voted (in person or absentee) in the 2014 elections.

Nancy said she would be interested in working with COPLAC to create a specialized analysis showing COPLAC averages, to which we could all compare our own data. This will work best if all of us, or almost all of us, participate in the study.

Right now 16 COPLAC institutions are participants. If your institution is not a participant, please consider joining. It’s simple and free. This is not a survey. It doesn’t require you to generate or report any data. You can read about the study here: http://activecitizen.tufts.edu/about-nslve/
And you can find the simple sign-up procedure here: http://activecitizen.tufts.edu/join-nslve/

If you are not already a participant in this study, you will need to complete the sign-up process “several days ahead of May 1” in order to get in on the May 1 data run,” according to Nancy.

Cathy

Cathryn Turrentine, Ph.D.
Director of Institutional Research and Assessment
Keene State College
Hale Building, 3rd Floor
229 Main St.
Keene, NH 03435-1506
603-358-2117

The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment provides evidence to support student success, institutional effectiveness, and diversity and helps to shape the campus conversation around important issues.

[cid:image001.png at 01CC10BB.D050B260]