[COPLAC-IR] URGENT message about the NSSE consortium

Lashley, Brian (Institutional Research) LashleyB at easternct.edu
Fri Sep 11 15:28:06 CDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I apologize for not realizing this before, but it really is questionable whether we need to form a consortium this year.  Here's why:

1)  you can manually create any comparison group you want, including COPLAC (this is done in the spring)
2)  we are no longer doing the added consortium questions

The ONE thing we'll miss out on if we don't have the consortium is the total report, where we get statistics on ALL COPLAC participants (including your own institution).  Is that worth the consortium fee though?

What this comes down to is we can all save a few bucks by not having the consortium, which is becoming less needed.  The option to enroll in the consortium begins this monday and closes on Oct 23.  So this is a good time to figure out what we want to do.

Your thoughts?

Brian R. Lashley, Ph.D.
Assistant Director of Inst. Res.
Eastern Connecticut State Univ.