[Counselors] FW: Counselor Help

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Wed Dec 11 12:19:52 CST 2013

We built an 8th hour in our schedule for the sole purpose of remediation but you could call it a study hall and yes I believe an aide could assist with that as long as there was a teacher of record assigned to the study hall or whatever you called it from your course code list.
LaDonna Jones  ljones at eldorado.k12.ok.us

Our school tries to get parental involvement when a student first goes on the ineligible list. Each students is assigned to a faculty member as an advisor who contacts the parent each week the student is ineligible. The teacher for the class the student is ineligible in also contacts the parent. Sometimes, this means multiple phone calls to the parent. We each document each calls we make. I know this doesn't exactly answer the question, but maybe will help in the future.

 Donna Deaton
   Wister High School
donna.deaton at wisterschools.org

Please reply to counselors at lists.onenet.net<mailto:counselors at lists.onenet.net<mailto:counselors at lists.onenet.net<mailto:counselors at lists.onenet.net>>

Question:

    I am having a problem with several students that have not been of the eligibility list this whole semester.  I have tried a lot of things but it doesn’t seem to work.  I am however, thinking about some type of program where they go to class for the first part of the hour and then to like a rigid study hall.
But then what would the requirements, regulations, and would it have to be a certified teacher doing it or can we hire a aide to do it?  If anyone has any suggestions or is doing something like this already, I would appreciate your suggestions.

Karen Gracey, M. ED.
Sweetwater Public Schools
kareng at sweetwater.k12.ok.us<mailto:kareng at sweetwater.k12.ok.us<mailto:kareng at sweetwater.k12.ok.us<mailto:kareng at sweetwater.k12.ok.us>>