[Counselors] Dates for 2014 Summer Institute

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Wed Nov 20 10:13:53 CST 2013

Good morning Counselors,
I know that you are torn thinking about the summer because of the cold weather coming....... You want summer to be here today...but then don't want to wish your life to go so quickly!!  Stay warm!

I hope that you are having a great day and looking forward to a restful, rewarding Thanksgiving break next week!
The end of the year will be here soon.....wait, take a breath!  I didn't mean to put you back in panic mode!! (Yes, I had to get you back in laughter mode!)

We are trying to look at Summer Institute dates and we have it narrowed down to one of these 2 weeks.  June 23-26 or July 21-24.  We are taking a poll.  We will try to the degree possible to meet the dates you choose, but we know that we cannot please everyone, so I will apologize up front, we are sorry!  We do not and will not have the location of Summer Institute until late next spring, I'm sorry about that also.  We have to send out bids throughout the state, it takes some time.  We'll set a date first and then work from there.

You have been to a retreat so you are invited to join us at Summer Institute!  You do not have to come to another retreat unless you just want to join us.

At Summer Institute, we want to continue discussing best practices, legislation, and include speakers from SDE for their latest updates.

If you have some names of dynamic speakers that you would like to hear, please send me your suggestions.
Would you also like to have the panel of the college admissions folks again to ask them questions?

Reply to me and type in or highlight your preferred Summer Institute date and answer each, please:
   June 23-26 OR July 21-24
  Your suggestions for speakers:
  College Admissions Panel:  YES or NO
Thank you in advance for your reply!

Thank you for all that you do for Oklahoma's kids! :)  We appreciate YOU!
[cid:image003.png at 01CEE5D9.2A6C7D20]

Lisa Nelson
Field Coordinator for Student Preparation
C: 580.614.1328
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/epas<http://www.okhighered.org/epas>

"What we're really talking about is cultivating human ability and human capacity. All of our kids and all of us have tremendous abilities. Whether they flourish depends on how they're nourished." ~Sir Ken Robinson