[Counselors] FW: Question for discussion board

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Mon Oct 14 12:53:28 CDT 2013

Thank you Counselors for your responses!  Below in red are responses regarding Kacee's question:

I will make this more confusing than it is, if I try to explain it, in an email. Feel free to call me if you want to.
Blake Crawford crawfordb at pryor.k12.ok.us<mailto:crawfordb at pryor.k12.ok.us>

We divide by alphabet.  That way we continue to keep the student throughout the time that they are in our building.  We don't like having a child change counselors every time they change grades.  Everything else we work together on.

Debbie Woods
Wagoner Middle School
918-485-9541 ext. 2509
dwoods at wagonerps.org<mailto:dwoods at wagonerps.org>
I would love to hear more on this topic--we are trying to make some decisions at my school as well.  Michael White from Stillwater, I know that you guys each take a grade and walk with them the whole way through high school.  Can you chime in as to the advantages of this method?
Carol Spears
Regent High School
cspears at rpsok.org<mailto:cspears at rpsok.org>

Ours is divided by Native American and All Others.    9-12 grades
Judy Moore JMoore at hilldaleps.org<mailto:JMoore at hilldaleps.org>

Guymon- 800 students
Titles of 9th/10th and 11th/12th but take whatever shows up at the door.
9/10 takes  IEPs and Food Pantry
11/12 used to have EOIs until district coordinator was hired!!!  Now has scholarships, GT, GEAR UP coordinator, and EOI test administrator during testing weeks.
Dana Martin <dana.martin at guymontigers.com>

We divide students by 9/10 and 11/12.
We also divide duties.  Neither of us do EOI testing.

Each have various duties in the counseling department.  Let me know if you want specifics.

Karee Patterson
Kingfisher High School
kpatterson at kingfisher.k12.ok.us

We divide by grade levels. 9th/10th and 11th/12th. One does EOI testing and the other does AP, ACT.
Julie Reese
Noble High School
jreese at nobleps.com<mailto:jreese at nobleps.com>
Sent from my iPad