[Counselors] 6th -8th Online Reading Students w/ Screen Reader Feature getting kicked off

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Apr 24 07:47:38 CDT 2014

Tuesday was our first day of online testing (Reading), our Special students
continued to get a message "EXIT TEST"  as soon as they logged in and
pushed start.  We called CTB and they could not give us an answer on how to
fix this.    I had told them that the students effected all had the "screen
reader"  option checked on the accommodation page.. (This is not Subject
specific on CTB's system). I had even called last week when I ran my
summary page because it showed on my Reading Summary Sheet that I had
students with the screen reader feature and I knew this was NOT AN OPTION.
Yesterday I decided to "uncheck" the screen reader option and see what
happened.
All of my students were able to log in and take their Reading test without
any issues.
I will now go back and "recheck" screen reader for their Math test and see
what happens next week.
I called a friend at another district yesterday and said she had ran into
the same issue. (CTB had given me the impression I was the only one with
this issue.)

Just thought I would post this in case any of you had the same problem.

Happy Testing!

Kerri Perry
Bridge Creek Middle