[Counselors] Protocol for Suicidal/Self Harming Students

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Apr 24 13:33:32 CDT 2014

I would like a copy also please! We don't have a specific policy yet for this matter, but I know confidentiality has to be broken and this behavior reported to the parent and a trained therapist whose scope of training includes suicide and self harm. I am a recent graduate so all of this is still fresh on my mind from classes. I was taught this is outside of our scope of training so it HAS to be referred out. I hope to never have to encounter this, but I know, unfortunately, that is not likely.
Tina Jeffreys
Soper School