[Counselors] Protocol for Suicidal/Self Harming Students

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Apr 24 14:10:41 CDT 2014

would also like a copy of your policy.  I ALWAYS call a parent.  prefer for
them to come get the child and tell them they should not be left
unsupervised.  Sometimes kids will say that and have no idea why they said
that, they dont' have a plan to carry it out.  I still call, but usually
can tell if a student is serious or not.  I do usually share that with a
parent as well.