[Counselors] Question regarding Honor Society

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Jan 22 08:45:42 CST 2014

Directions to find the info:  1. Go to the SDE website.  2. Click on the
site index in the upper right-hand corner of the page.  3. Select
"Accreditation Standards Division" from the alphabetical listing.  4. Click
on "Honor Society" for forms to complete.  5. Click on "Standards for
Accreditation" for the rules and regulations.
(7)
Forms to be used in listing students that have been nominated for
membership will be sent to the local school authorities prior to February 1
of each year. Membership will be based upon work done during the first
semester of the current year and the second semester in the preceding year.
The standing of students enrolled in the first year of a particular
organizational level will be based on the work done during the first
semester of the current year.

I use the first semester of current year and second semester in the
preceding year for Srs, Jrs, and Soph.  For freshman, you would use only
their first semester of HS.  8th graders are two semesters, and 7th graders
are the one.  Hope this helps!!

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:44 PM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion
Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> It is based on the top 10% of each class. Run a grade report and take the
> top percent of your students. Nancy Reed
> On Tue, 1/21/14, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board <
> counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:
>
>  Subject: [Counselors] Question regarding Honor Society
>  To: "counselors at lists.onenet.net" <counselors at lists.onenet.net>
>  Date: Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 4:52 PM

>    I have a question
>  about Oklahoma Honor Society. How do I figure out my Honor
>  Society students? Is the GPA cumulative or is it based off
>  of their grades just for the two semesters? Also, can
>  freshman be in it? I tried looking for the information
>   on the SDE website but did not find the information.
>   If you know where to find the information, please let
>  me know! I do not mind if you send this out to other
>  counselors! :) Thank you!
>

>  Shyanne Gatrost
>  shyanne.gatrost at pawnee.k12.ok.us
>

>  -----Inline Attachment Follows-----