[Counselors] AP scores

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Apr 16 10:17:15 CDT 2015

We use the following for English, with one full credit per course.

English Comp I = English III
English Comp II = English IV

It is written on their transcript as the university course name. There is an asterisk by the course number, and a notation on the transcript that asterisk courses are concurrent enrollment courses.

Previously, Eng Comp I was first semester and Eng Comp II was second semester of English IV... I want us to be able to decide how we need that for each student. Right now with all of English IV coming from Eng Comp II, a senior could go into their second semester, after being unsuccessful in Eng Comp II with no senior English credit-very unsettling for a counselor. :)

We do not count an AP score for English IV.  They must either have English IV or Comp I and II or a semester of each at McAlester High School.

miasmith at mcalester.k12.ok.us

We replace a semester of senior English with a semester of Freshman Comp.  Must have two semesters to replace entire year.
Diana Burris
Gore HS