[Counselors] Class rank

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 5 12:14:11 CST 2015

Ø  If you use MAS, where do you go to select Logical or Sequential?

           jhouse at pocola.k12.ok.us

Ø  At Big Pasture we rank our students off a numeric average(All classes from 9th-12th grade 1st semester).  We do have co-val & co-sal if their numerical average is within .50 or less.
Nona Laminack
Assistant Principal & Counselor
580-281-3276

ü  At Plainview we rank logical and rarely have more than one val and sal.
dsteele at plainview.k12.ok.us<mailto:dsteele at plainview.k12.ok.us>

ü  We do sequential at Oklahoma Union

            bpruett at okunion.k12.ok.us<mailto:bpruett at okunion.k12.ok.us>

·         We do sequential at Cashion and have co-valedictorians and 1 salutatorian.
Amy Broadbent
Cashion HS Counselor

Tina at Soper,
When you said "We take the 17 core classes plus the classes required to be considered for val/sal and average their numerical grades.",
What other classes are required for Val/Sal?..... Just curious.
Michelle Birchfield
Rattan High School

·         At Soper we do not do ties. For instance this year I had 3 seniors with a 4.2 GPA according to our student information system. We take the 17 core classes plus the classes required to be considered for val/sal and average their numerical grades. Then rank them based off of that information.
Tina Jeffreys, School Counselor

·         We run it sequentially, because that is what's best for the student.  Colleges will give a valedictorian scholarship to every #1; they will give a valedictorian scholarship to #2.

Vicki Harbert, Tishomingo HS

·         Depew runs sequential.

Stacey Dry
Depew High School