[Counselors] Selective Service

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Jan 27 09:53:59 CST 2015

I checked yesterday.... (the website is www.sss.org I think)

In the state of Oklahoma, all males registering for a driver's permit,
license, or even government issued ID are automatically registered for SS
when they turn 18.  I checked with some of my 18 y/o males and they said
they received a letter in the mail that they were registered..... they
wondered how it had happened.  :)
But a reminder..... if they move, they are still required to provide a
change of address.
They can register online..... honestly, it only takes 1 minute.  But, they
must provide SS# if they are registering online.
Or they can complete the form at any US Post Office.
Or they can just not worry about it if they have a valid driver's license.
 :)
A phone number is provided on the website if a guy wants to call and verify
that he is registered.
Also, 17 y/o can actually register early if their 18th birthday is like
within 6 months (I think that time frame is correct).