[Counselors] 6th Grade Guidance Class

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Mar 2 14:43:38 CST 2015

I am teaching a health/guidance class to our 6th graders. This is our first year to try this. A coach and I have 4 groups (2 groups of girls and 2 groups of boys) that we switch every nine weeks. The health portion has a book to work out of - but I have to come up with things for guidance. Does anyone have a curriculum, ideas, or suggestions?

I try to keep it fun with a lot of teamwork/listening/following direction activities. Basically I only need one nine weeks worth of material to use 4 times. Depending on the material, I change things up a bit for the boys and girls.

--
 Sarah Heil
Middle School Counselor/District Testing Coordinator