[Counselors] Lisa is needing your help, dates for 2016-17 retreats

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Apr 1 09:10:31 CDT 2016

Good morning,
I hope that this April 1 brings wonderful things to you today, with little trickery.  My post is not an April fool's joke either.  I need your help please.

I am planning next year's retreats and because of the budget crisis I have heard that many schools are going to a 4 day week.  What day do I have my retreats?  (This is all depending on funding for us also next year)

This is what I have tentatively, not set so don't mark anything down on your calendars.  I just want your input.  Yes I am planning on some day retreats throughout the state, you would have to pay for own food.  I planned on around the same dates and places as I have had in the past.  Do I have them Sunday/Monday or Wednesday/Thursday? Finding dates for you all to not be gone constantly is the pits!  (I know you know that already!)

We also have our fall workshop schedule available on our website, they are the month of September.  The registration will not be up until the week of April 18.  http://okhighered.org/student-prep/

Here are tentative dates, nothing is set.

Please give me feedback through replying to this email or my email, lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu> with a check mark beside good dates or type the dates, whatever would work best.  If you know you are going to a 4 day week next year, tell me what day you are taking off.

September 18, Sunday, and 19, Monday, or September 25, Sunday, and 26, Monday at Lake Murray Lodge, Ardmore

October 20, Thursday, Day retreat at Guymon

October 23, Sunday, and 24, Monday, or October 26, Wednesday, and 27, Thursday, at Fin and Feather Resort

October 26, Wednesday, and 27, Thursday, at Tantaka

November 6, Sunday, & Monday, 7 at Long Lake Resort, Poteau

November 9, Wednesday, & 10, Thursday, at Roman Nose, Watonga

November 16, Wednesday, Day retreat somewhere around Tulsa

December 1, Thursday, Day retreat somewhere around Enid

February 26, Sunday, & 27, Monday, or February 27, Monday, and 28, Tuesday at Tantaka

March 1, Wednesday, Day retreat somewhere around NW OK

March 5, Sunday, & 6, Monday, at Roman Nose or Quartz

June 5, Monday, & 6, Tuesday, at Sequoyah State Park, Hulbert

Thank you so much for your help!!

I hope that you have a wonderful Friday.  Happy April 1st!

[cid:image002.png at 01D18BF6.255C59C0]

                                                                          [cid:image006.png at 01D18BF6.255C59C0]
Lisa Nelson
Coordinator for Student Preparation
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>
Cell:  580.614.1328

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." ~ Thomas A. Edison