[Counselors] Thank you! Summer Institute Info

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Apr 4 14:32:32 CDT 2016

Good afternoon,
Thank you so much for your responses regarding next year's counselor retreats.  I appreciate you all taking time out of your busy schedule to reply.  I will try my best to schedule the retreats close to those dates and have some Wednesday/Thursday retreats.

I wanted to let you know that I have scheduled C/Sara Foundation from Ardmore to come and present a ½ day of crisis response training, http://csarafoundation.com/training/training-crisis/
and a ½ day of Safe Talk at our summer institute, http://csarafoundation.com/training/training-suicide-intervention/training-safetalk/  You all have to deal with a lot of "stuff" at your school and I just felt this was a need for you.  We will spend 1 full day (Wednesday, July 13) with this so more than likely we will not be having round table discussions, but that is not to say there won't be sharing time.

Also, Ryan Owens, CCOSA Co-Executive Director and General Counsel Director of Legislative Services, will speak about school laws.  CCOSA stands for Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administration.  I am trying to get SDE to join us Tuesday morning, July 12, also.  That afternoon, Regent's staff will discuss scholarships, the new FAFSA, OK Promise, and Lead Oklahoma.  Thursday we will end with our college admissions panel.

It will be an exciting time and I am thrilled to see all who have registered for it.  We will have fun!

So I leave you with something to brighten your day!  (I just love the animals in this android commercial with Roger Miller's song!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnVuqfXohxc  Keep this song in your head while you are getting ready for testing!

Have a great week!

Lisa Nelson
Coordinator for Student Preparation
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>
Cell:  580.614.1328

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." ~ Thomas A. Edison