[Counselors] Pre-enrollment and schedule changes

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 18 15:35:19 CST 2016

Our handbook says they have 3 days at the start of each semester to request a change.  If I feel the change is justified, I'll do it.  Our high school
enrollment is about 200.

We are a small school. It is not written in our policy. I give the kids 2 weeks at the beginning of school, then I give them 2 weeks at the end of 1st semester to change for second semester. I have a form that must be initialed by the teacher saying they can leave or come in the class and then signed by the parent. Unless there is a pressing reason we do not allow schedule changes any other time.

Sandra Carter-Maysville

Our handbook states "A student may not drop or add a class after two weeks of the semester. If, after two weeks, a parent requests a change in schedule, a parent/guardian-counselor or teacher conference is required."
Dee Monroe
Counselor Grades 4-8
Verdigris Schools
dmonroe at vps.k12.ok.us