[Counselors] Pre-enrollment and schedule changes

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 18 22:00:40 CST 2016

When I was the junior high counselor, I made the students attend the class for one week. Then they could request a schedule change. They had to explain why and have it signed by parents. If the reason was legitament, and I could work it out, I made the change. App.300 students. Nancy Reed

 We have started pre-enrollment for the 2016-17 school year. We will allow students to request a class request initially through our March parent meeting. We are meeting with all student individually hoping to secure the correct classes! We have a total just under 3,000 students in 8-11 for the pre-enrollment process. It is taking four of us four weeks to accomplish this task. Once we develop and secure our master based on initial numbers we will spin schedules in early summer. Once we are back in session in August we allow students to 'request' a move for the first 9 days of term. All seats must be secured by the 10th day. We allow for requests of really anything but will only moved if appropriate or needed. We do address the process in our enrollment guide which you can access on our website. Hope this helps.
Becky Copeland, MSCounselor, Junior Class 2015-16Owasso High SchoolOwasso, OK  918-272-8030 (direct line)918-272-8186 (office)918-272-8028 (fax)
*OHS will offer the ACT free of charge to all juniors on March 29, 2016 Students do not need to do anything to register for this event! We will take care of registration and reporting for this ONE time exam.