[Counselors] Pre-enrollment and schedule changes

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Feb 19 13:06:34 CST 2016

We have a high school of 1700 (9-12). Below is our schedule change policy.
It is in the curriculum guide, the handbook, and on the change request
forms. We have seen a huge reduction in requests since we instituted the 3
day wait period for most requests. We also will only make changes if it
doesn't drop a class size below our minimum for the class to make onto the
master. We only allow students to drop a preAP or AP course after meeting
with their asst. principal because we also meet with each student
one-on-one to choose the proper classes & parents must sign their
enrollment forms. Students have until we pull numbers for the master
schedule discussions to make changes to their pre-enrollment, which is
usually at the beginning of April. Students can change from a sit-in class
to an online course anytime throughout the year.

*Prior to and during the first 3 days of class, schedule change requests
may be made for the following reasons ONLY:*

o     Computer error = blank or doubled course, course out of sequence.

o     Credit received for course previously.

o     Prerequisite for class not met.

o     Missing required course for graduation.

o     Add/ Drop classes for TCC or Tulsa Tech enrollment

*Requests for ANY OTHER reason can only be made after the end of school on
the 3rd day through the end of the 5th day school. *Requests must be
returned to the counseling office – signed - by the end of the 5th day of
the semester to be considered.