[Counselors] (no subject)

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Jan 15 11:08:29 CST 2016

I had a student recently bring me information about an event she was
nominated to attend this summer in Boston, MA.  It is put on by the
National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists.  The website
is www.FutureDocs.com.  Of course there is a pretty hefty cost to
attending.  Over the years I have seen students nominated for various
seminars like this but I have never had any attend because of the cost.  I
am just wondering if any of you have had experience with your students
attending events like this.  My thought is always that it is someone trying
to make money.  How legitimate are these type of events and is it worth the
money a student would pay to attend?

Just wondering.

Deborah Miller
Sentinel School Counselor