[Counselors] Help please

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Nov 17 13:29:58 CST 2016

We have German families in our community that make their children drop out of school at the end of the 8th grade. I have a student who has fought with her family to stay in school. The 9th and 10th grades was just a series of arguments and fights. This fall the father was insistent and kept the girl at home. She moved out and stays with some classmates and is attending school. We are doubling up her classes to try to help her graduate in May. She was born in Mexico ,so is not a U.S. citizen. She wants to go to college. She has virtually nothing. Are there any resources available for her?

Thank you, Nancy G. Reed, Counselor;
ng2reed at yahoo.com<mailto:ng2reed at yahoo.com>