[Counselors] Dealing with a young elementary student that lies continually

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Oct 3 13:06:40 CDT 2016

Mrs. Bray,

I have found this article and the following comments/responses helpful when dealing with students who lie and deny: http://www.smartclassroommanagement.com/2014/11/22/how-to-handle-students-who-lie-and-deny/

It is not necessarily comprehensive but it is one strategy that may be helpful. One of the more interesting points was the part about not engaging in their argument in order to remain in control and in authority.

Hope this helps some. Best of luck!

Blaine Coffey, LPC
Primary School Counselor
Plainview Public Schools<http://www.plainview.k12.ok.us/>
(580) 223-5757

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is from the Plainview School District. The message and any attachments may be confidential or privileged and are intended only for the individual or entity identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read, copy or distribute this message or any attachments. We ask that you please delete this message and any attachments and notify the sender by return email or by phone (580-223-5757).