[Counselors] Hello Fellow Counselors- Test Anxiety

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Apr 26 11:23:26 CDT 2017

Does he have a diagnosed disorder? If so you can write a 504 plan for him and be able to accommodate his testing needs.
Reeva Mutch
reeva.mutch at mpsi20.org<mailto:reeva.mutch at mpsi20.org>

I have one on a 504 for Anxiety (diagnosed by a doctor) and takes tests in a separate location with extended time (our office). After the 504 was in place 4 months ACT approved the accommodation as well. The 504 can be taken to the college with the possibility of the same accommodation allowed.

ACT allows for accommodations for documented disabilities. For example, if he has an IEP that states he must be allowed extended time for testing, that is an accommodation he can request for the ACT. Here is the link. http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration/accommodations.html This only applies if he has documentation. Info about documentation is
available at the same link.

Hello Fellow Counselors,

I have a bright student who carries a 3.7 who has test anxiety. He has difficulty with completing the English portion of the ACT's, and it is obvious anxiety is the issue- cold sweat, turning pale. Etc.
He would like to enroll in concurrent courses and has plans to continue his education at Oklahoma State. Are there any resources or allowances for test anxiety?

Thank you,

Electa