[Counselors] Building master schedule

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Dec 1 10:07:32 CST 2017

We have 2 counselors and we work with the principal to come up with a draft for the master schedule and then we make any necessary changes as we encounter issues with it when actually scheduling.
c_willis at ftgibson.k12.ok.us<mailto:c_willis at ftgibson.k12.ok.us>

I build the schedule then the administration gives input and guidance.  They usually change it after all is said and done.

Me and the other counselor put together the master schedule based on input from the principal.  I have been working on schedules for 4 years with the same principal so I usually know what he wants to do.  Towards the end of the spring semester we sit down with the principal and assistant principal and go over the master.

Marjorie McKinney
Wagoner Middle School
Counselor

I have done the entire schedule for the past three years but always submit it to my administrators for suggestions and approval.
murrayc at gorepublicschools.org<mailto:murrayc at gorepublicschools.org>

I'm the Middle School and High School Counselor and I build the Master schedule for both.
Janet Hopson
Panama High School

I have had 3 counselor jobs.  Each building has been different for this process.  In one school I did everything except set up the computer.  In my 2nd school I did all of it.  In my 3rd school, I am only involved with online enrollment of students.

Mixed!  Until last year I had verbal input but the principal took care of the schedule.
Last year it was all my responsibility for 7-12.  I did ask for input and recommendations from staff.
Next year, hopefully the principals will be involved as we are going back to a seven hour schedule. Start from scratch.
I think it helps when principals are involved. Ultimately they have the last say!

Sent from my iPhone